Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ZL9HR Financials ........ A Work of Fiction  (Read 32794 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2013, 07:42:28 AM »

VK2IR told me that the 16-page QSL card (booklet) was being sponsored and printed free of charge by a printer in Bulgaria. As far as I know none of the ZL9HR international ops received a copy of the booklet - I certainly didn't.

73 - John - 9M6XRO

I received my "booklet" QSL card some time ago.

73, Gene AF3Y
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2013, 10:08:39 AM »

Yes, I got mine too, but quite honestly it's overkill. Just a nice non-folded card with all my QSOs is more than sufficient for my needs. It will go on my album of new ones and be forgotten with all the rest very shortly Grin.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
WS3N

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 07:03:06 AM »

Yes, I got mine too, but quite honestly it's overkill. Just a nice non-folded card with all my QSOs is more than sufficient for my needs. It will go on my album of new ones and be forgotten with all the rest very shortly Grin.

True for most cards, and especially for DXpeditions. These usually show some sort of bland postcard view. The few cards I remember are from individuals who have put a bit of personality in their cards.
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2013, 09:58:11 AM »

I like the video that has none of the team in it. reminds me of a picture of a girlfriend or boyfriend who scratches the face of their ex out - but still keeps the picture of themself smiling in their scrapbook.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2013, 10:31:33 AM »

One of the neatest cards I have is the 3D card from the XR0Y expedition.

73, Gene AF3Y
VK3YP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2013, 04:22:52 PM »

John 9M6XRO selectively decides not to mention the approx $1000 landing fees refund paid to the 8 team members from the dxpedition budget as agreed with the team via Dave K3EL on 15th March 2013.

PayPal advice;
"15 Mar 2013   Payment To david lloyd    CompletedYour eCheque payment is complete. The money was transferred from your bank account to the recipient.Your eCheque payment is complete. The money was transferred from your bank account to the recipient.    ...   -$1,104.00 NZD".

This refund was made from a dxpedition budget already in defecit because the NZ DoC landing fees where reduced from the initial estimate supplied to the team by NZ DoC (and paid by the team before dxpedition started).
When we received the final NZ DoC invoice in early March 2013 the landing fees where reduced from the initially supplied estimate thus the refund was agreed and paid.

For those who followed the "ZL9HR Money" thread or donated to the ZL9HR DXpedition, it might interest you that HARAOA have finally posted a "Financial Summary" on their website written by Treasurer VK3YP. See www.haraoa.com. It is a complete "Work of Fiction" and astonishingly claims a HARAOA deficit of $2000. Such accounting is an insult to the intelligence of the Sponsors, Donors and the DX Community at large.

Once again there is no mention of the boat hire costing NZ$81,075 or the US$8700 paid by each of the eight international non-HARAOA operators. It is as if we took a magic carpet to Campbell. These payments by us left precious little for HARAOA to actually pay! They had taken in US25,000 in sponsorship/donations BEFORE we left NZ for Campbell Island. Where has that money gone? Not to mention donations and QSL income received after the DXpedition!

We all know why the $1000 "donation" to NCDXF was made - it was a panic decision by VK2IR and VK3YP to take the heat off HARAOA at that moment. Up to that point in time HARAOA had NEVER made a donation to any DXpedition or Foundation. Fact. So why the sudden generosity?

I have sighted an email in which VK2IR says the boat hire had nothing to do with HARAOA. (In the same email he showed his contempt for the international operators by describing us as CB'ers and Gold Diggers), however, I have now a copy of the invoice from Fueleco New Zealand who arranged the charter of the "Evohe" for NZ$81,750 - it is addressed to the Hellenic Amateur Radio Association of Australia Inc (NSW Inc No 9890923) dated July 10th, 2012.

I know I will be asked to let this go, it's old news, but I do not intend to go quietly and let HARAOA keep their ill-gotten gains whether in cash or equipment purchased from your donations. It has become their "modus operandi" and follows on from VK9NI and VK9HR where the same tactics were employed on a smaller scale - and let's not forget DX0DX and the HARAOA connexion.

To lighten the mood, have a look at this recent youtube offering from VK2IR :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUkIgEOHbF4

I feel it should be sub-titled "The Two Man DXpedition"  Wink

Pretty self-serving for a pair who made about 3% of the Q's from ZL9HR and as non-CW ops were the main reason the SSB tally was so much lower than CW.

In conclusion I just hope the next time HARAOA looks for sponsorship and tries to find experienced ops the ZL9HR scam will not be forgotten. I will do all I can to keep it front and center until there is a creditable financial statement from the Treasurer. Cold days in hell come to mind....

73 - John - 9M6XRO

Fresh from the recent 9M4SLL Spratly DXpedition where everything was settled amicably and in true "ham spirit".

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 05:02:53 PM by VK3YP » Logged
9M6XRO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2013, 09:31:04 PM »

John 9M6XRO selectively decides not to mention the approx $1000 landing fees refund paid to the 8 team members from the dxpedition budget as agreed with the team via Dave K3EL on 15th March 2013.

As usual VK3YP makes the assumption that everyone's mind works in the same devious way as his own. I have not "selectively decided" not to mention anything or thrown up smoke screens and red herrings to avoid the central issue of ZL9HR funding. Neither have I "anonymously" crafted malicious websites to attack other amateurs. In short, do not judge others by your own standards.   

I can confirm that the sum of US $106.23 was paid into my PayPal account on April 4th, two weeks after the previous post I made which VK3YP is referring to. It does not go a long way to offsetting the US$8700 which I paid towards the charter of the ketch "Evohe", DoC fees, fuel and freight costs for the DXpedition. Each one of the eight non-HARAOA members paid the same amount, US$8700. As I have stated many times before the $8700 does not include our airfares from home to Invercargill/ZL4 or our additional travel and living expenses in New Zealand enroute.  

Now that the HARAOA Treasurer VK3YP has made the distribution of the approx $1,000 refund of the DoC landing fees, I trust he will now turn his attention to distributing the $25,000+ in donations received from DX Foundations, DX Clubs and individual sponsors which were generously donated by the ham radio community specifically for the ZL9HR DXpedition.

It is that sum that has to be accounted for - that is what everyone involved in this is waiting for.  

« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:09:29 PM by 9M6XRO » Logged
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2013, 10:54:40 AM »

"that is what everyone involved in this is waiting for."

REPLY: All I am waiting for is a QSL card...and at this point I don't care if it's on a piece of toilet paper...........
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2013, 03:38:16 PM »

I had a very nice conversation with three of the ZL9HR team members at the 2013 International
DX Convention. I am completely sympathetic to their issues and I admire them for what they accomplished and what they have had to deal with.  I wish them well.
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 07:59:02 PM »

I had a very nice conversation with three of the ZL9HR team members at the 2013 International
DX Convention. I am completely sympathetic to their issues and I admire them for what they accomplished and what they have had to deal with.  I wish them well.

Same here. I was very pleased to meet Gene, Glenn and Les. Really great guys.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: