Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TSA Employees "urged" to get ham licenses?  (Read 14173 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 05:04:31 AM »

San Antonio, Texas is not what I would consider an area with a small population as it has 1.3 million people. http://www.city-data.com/city/Texas.html

No, I wouldn't either, but it is (aside from itself) pretty isolated with no large population centers adjacent to it.  In other words, it's a large metropolitan area all by itself.  As I explained in my post, there are areas where population is high but spread out such as in the DC to Boston corridor, and there are areas where you can go for miles and miles and not see a house or business anywhere, such as the midwest.  With the way Texas is with ranches with hundreds of acres being common, I think you could say that San Antonio is a high population area surrounded by emptyness.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 08:32:15 AM »

Re: Reply #6

Say want you want about TSA employees, I've been told by one that he thinks it's one notch up from a Wall Mart greeter and two notches up from welfare. He also stated that his TSA training was more difficult than his Greeters job but no where near as difficult as learning the ins and outs of the welfare system to his best benefit.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 08:45:23 AM by W1JKA » Logged
WB6DGN

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2013, 08:36:10 PM »

Imagine the fun if they carried two HTs and they couldn't figure out which one to grab and respond with

I think they already have that problem every time they want to use the restroom just like every other cop wannabe.

Tom
KS4VT

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »

San Antonio, Texas is not what I would consider an area with a small population as it has 1.3 million people. http://www.city-data.com/city/Texas.html

No, I wouldn't either, but it is (aside from itself) pretty isolated with no large population centers adjacent to it.  In other words, it's a large metropolitan area all by itself.  As I explained in my post, there are areas where population is high but spread out such as in the DC to Boston corridor, and there are areas where you can go for miles and miles and not see a house or business anywhere, such as the midwest.  With the way Texas is with ranches with hundreds of acres being common, I think you could say that San Antonio is a high population area surrounded by emptyness.

You can say that about a lot of areas like Denver, Atlanta, Phoenix, Las Vegas, etc.  I don't think it is relevant at all.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2013, 06:43:51 AM »

It serves to dilute the amount of public service radio users and the co-operation between those users, therefore it is relevant.
KF7VXA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »

No tin foil, but I see every part of the Government ramping up towards having more armed positions and overall becoming something that could all be used together for who knows what.
Having more TSA agents as hams would make it easier to free up the gun toters and also give them better training as far a finding stations who would dare to transmit should Martial Law be invoked.
I don't care for what I see happening with our Government lately, they seem to be more concerned with US citizens than foreign people who would do us bad.

John
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2013, 07:18:10 AM »

Re: KF7VXA reply#20

Something they don't teach in H.S. Civics class: The PRIMARY goal of ANY type of government  ALWAYS HAS been to have COMPLETE control of it's citizens.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: