Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Getting your goat...  (Read 3104 times)
W7ARX

Ignore
« on: March 28, 2013, 05:10:38 PM »

Man, I am not sure what is the deal these days, maybe I just happen to be seeing posts by some real losers out there...but I see an item for sale, common to say 6 sellers on various forums.  I contact them, as I am interested but need a couple of simple to answer questions resolved, NADA, Zilch, Zero, Silence, etc.  Never an answer.  I don't get it.  If you want to sell something, why do you turn away a potential Buyer/Trader for your item?  Is is just laziness or what....I don't get it.  PO's me a bit as I hit on the same posts later doing searched and end up wasting my time again on a dead beat seller....please, either answer the emails regarding your item or take it to Ebay...
NK7Z

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 06:25:28 PM »

Man, I am not sure what is the deal these days, maybe I just happen to be seeing posts by some real losers out there...but I see an item for sale, common to say 6 sellers on various forums.  I contact them, as I am interested but need a couple of simple to answer questions resolved, NADA, Zilch, Zero, Silence, etc.  Never an answer.  I don't get it.  If you want to sell something, why do you turn away a potential Buyer/Trader for your item?  Is is just laziness or what....I don't get it.  PO's me a bit as I hit on the same posts later doing searched and end up wasting my time again on a dead beat seller....please, either answer the emails regarding your item or take it to Ebay...
I have run in to this as well...  Several items I have emailed about, PMed, and in general tried to contact the seller...  Many times days go by and I hear nothing at all, most times, as you noted, I hear nothing...  Sigh...  Gets old...

Thanks,
Dave
For reviews and setups see: http://www.nk7z.net
G3RZP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 06:08:08 AM »

On another forum, there was a guy asking about in formation on a relatively rare piece of test gear - for which I have the manual. So I answered and offered to scan the 25 or so pages and send them. Never an answer - it looked like he just disappeared! So it's not just guys selling stuff.
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 07:51:47 AM »

Recently - I am batting 500 - I posted a coax switch for sale and got two responses - answered the first "You got it" and gave address to send funds - answered the second telling him he was second and I would keep his email in case the first backed out - NOTHING from the first so far. Waiting two more days and then I will email the second bidder.

Second - a fellow posted looking for parts for a scanner - I have a dead one, one model different than his and offered it to him for the cost of the postage.  Two days later funds in the mail.

Clint - W5CPT -
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 06:15:05 AM »

It is not just in your country this happens in, it happens here in Canada too.

There is an internet ham radio swap site here in Ontario. I have emailed guys who have items listed and have not received replies.

I agree, why bother listing an item if you are not willing to reply to a potential buyer? I understand that not everyone checks their email as often as I may during the day. I understand someone may be away from home for a few days (In which case they could make note of that in their listing)

I just can not understand not getting any sort of reply, whether it is to tell you the item is sold, or whatever.

K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 10:02:40 AM »

It's very simple--all too many of those who don't reply are scammers, out looking for a quick buck.  "If it's too good to be true" was never more appropriate than it is these days!  73!
AD6KA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 10:36:13 AM »

Maybe some folks post something for sale,
then change their mind, and are too lazy to
remove their posts?
73, Ken AD6KA
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 09:55:00 AM »

COuld be, either way, I think as a Seller, you OWE it to your possible patrons to tell them one way or the other about the item...for sale, sold, no thanks.  Otherwise, in my eyes, you are a jerk.  I responded this week to 6 individuals selling the same item, requested minimal clarification, heard back from one, NADA from the other losers.  Even sent them emails to their home Email and not just via the posting forum.  NADA.  On my list to avoid in the future.  Good bye!
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 01:48:36 PM »

Saw a posting on one of the ham websites that concluded with:

"I DON'T CARE IF I SELL IT OR NOT."   

'Nuff said.

N9LCD

Huh       
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 03:58:20 AM »

Definitely says it all.....bottom line, I would pass up on that possible headache in a heartbeat....
W0DV

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 04:39:19 PM »

If they knew the answer, they would tell you. red flag. Find another seller
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2013, 07:14:18 PM »

I think Jerry, you hit the nail on the head...even though most wouldn't post that, they certainly act like it...frustrating and irritating to say the least....if you don't want to sell something, seriously, don't post it....just don't jerk around individuals that might be interested only to never receive a response to an inquiry...

Rude, immature and pathetic...sign of the times I suppose....
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2013, 04:09:46 AM »

Saw a posting on one of the ham websites that concluded with:

"I DON'T CARE IF I SELL IT OR NOT."   

'Nuff said.

'Nuff said?  Maybe not.

Could well be too that that was his way of saying that he would not entertain lesser offers or any special requests.  You've got to remember that all too many of these sellers are older guys with the funds they need already and because of that don't want to put up with dickering or multiple contacts, etc.

They know what they have, they know what they want for it, and they'll sell it if someone will meet their terms.  If not, they'll hold onto it until someone does, because if they need something else they can just go and get it--they don't have to sell one thing to get another. 
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2013, 05:31:00 PM »

I especially like the lids that try to tell you what you are looking for is inferior to something else, not knowing or bothering to know why it is you may want a 'lesser' item.  Perhaps some folks don't need the "high end" stuff and are quite happy.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: