Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NZ4Z < Has my Money but I don't have a Radio !!!!  (Read 5659 times)
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2010, 08:05:26 AM »

At age 94, time would appear to be of the essence  ;-)

73 de John - WB0KSL

You have a point. Smiley

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
KC2LNB

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2010, 11:39:53 AM »

At age 94, time would appear to be of the essence  ;-)

73 de John - WB0KSL

You have a point. Smiley
Now that's funny .....lol........Happy New Year to everyone ....KC2LNB
STAYVERTICAL

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2010, 11:29:58 PM »

NZ4Z - God bless all our Police officers in 2011 and thank you.

N0YZ - God bless you as well.

73s
W3LK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2011, 06:54:49 AM »

Amen!

A smoking section in a restaurant makes as much sense as a peeing section in a swimming pool.
NZ4Z

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2011, 06:16:59 PM »

Well......a new and interesting turn of events........N0YG made a complaint with PayPal today in an attempt to get his money back....LOL. He stated the screen was scratchy, and the mic looked like it was chewed on by a dog. PayPal investigator logged onto eham and looked at this thread.....they understood that the radio was over 2 years old and that it was not advertised as new in box (referenced my QTH for sale add also) PayPal was awesome, they checked everything. Yes, soon after you remove the plastic film from any screen, it will look scratchy. The cord to the mic was stretched a bit from use, as it should be. PayPal within 2 hours sided with me, and dropped the complaint. I almost feel like I avoided a scam myself! Thanks again for all the support!

NZ4Z
AA4HA

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2011, 09:53:28 PM »

PayPal investigator logged onto eham and looked at this thread.....they understood that the radio was over 2 years old and that it was not advertised as new in box (referenced my QTH for sale add also) PayPal was awesome, they checked everything.

Normally I do not quote an entire posting, just little pieces, but in this case I thought that the original was a good thing to have. Someone can go back and edit your original comments but you cannot go into someone else s post and remove the words, nor can you undo the initial damage to a reputation of another person.

About 20 years ago I was involved with emergency management (municipal director) and was present at a city council meeting during the bid opening on a siren project. There was one company that felt that they were a "shoo in" and could just quote the standard package at an inflated markup. They did not read the spec (I wanted a battery powered electronic tornado siren and not an electromechanical). They "lost" the bid and the rep was present at the city council meeting. He was furious and asked to step up to the forum where he accused me of "being on the take". That is one of the most devastating accusations you can make against a appointed public official and the city council called for a review and held the decision to select the other bidder as the proper one (I was vindicated in private, after the fact).

What I did was to go to the community television folks who taped the city council meeting and got a VHS copy of this guy accusing me of being on the take. For the next few months I would watch for advertisements for bids, make a call to the director of that particular city who was in my equivalent role and send him a copy of the VHS tape. Surprisingly this company started to lose all sorts of business because of the accusation.

My point is that whenever you make a potentially slanderous claim against someone you may find yourself being held in account for your words. (words mean things, remember when you could take someone at their word or their handshake as their bond? Maybe most of us aren't old enough) If he had edited his original post to the tepid statement that is left there then NZ4Z might have had a real hard time in working with the PayPal investigator.

My brother is a shift Lt in law enforcement and I understand that if the moral character of an officer is called into question it can undermine their careers and potentially any pending prosecution of cases they are working on.

The internet makes it too easy to hide behind the curtain like the Wizard of Oz and bellow smoke and flame. Civility goes by the wayside when we can hide behind aliases. Never say anything about anyone that you would not say directly to their face. There have been more than enough times where I have started to write something (a flame) and just did not press the save key, the act of typing something out can be cathartic and if you take a minute to re-read your words before hitting send we all might say a little less.

For our New Years resolution let's try to be more patient and respectful of others. A line from the Steven King book series "The Gunslinger" is a memorable one "remember the face of your father".

Tisha
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 10:10:30 PM by Tisha Hayes » Logged

Ms. Tisha Hayes, AA4HA
Lookout Mountain, Alabama
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 03:53:27 AM »

I guess that most internet buyers will be putting N0YG on their list of people to avoid now.  If I still did any amount of internet business, I would.

One thing for sure, the first responce where the un-edited complaint was quoted in its entirety is certainly enlightening--and it probably saved NZ4Z a lot of headaches!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 03:57:08 AM by Chris J. Smith » Logged
NO6L

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2011, 04:33:09 PM »

@ N0YG,

Oh for Christs sake! First a whine-fest, in public, about how a shipment did not arrive in five days, during the Christmas holidays and a weekend, then a PayPal claim on a two year old rig, against a cop!?!? My GAWD, could you not have shot yourself in the foot any more thoroughly? I don't care how much you are my elder, you are a friggin' loser. You got that? I've had to deal with your type on Ebay the past few years and it never fails. Even if I list something "Tech special, does not work, parts or project only" it does not matter. Some no account jack-ass turns in a claim demanding the item was not as advertised.

As such, you will get no sympathy from me, and it appears from anyone else. I also hope your on-air reputation has been damaged as well. Serves you right. I know I will not deal with you on air or on line after this. I'm about to start an Amateur Radio accessory type of business and I will refuse any transactions... with... YOU.

You have a nice day.

End of flame.

@ NZ4Z

You, sir, along with all others in the police and fire fighting communities are the epitome of selflessness. You go out into the world with a virtual target on your back or not knowing if the next fire dispatch will be your last, and expect nothing more than decent compensation. You have my deepest gratitude.

I don't know about you, but if some scum bag pulled what N0YG pulled, I'd have completely and irepairably trashed that radio, sent it back and told him to enjoy the money, in Hell. I would not want the radio near me knowing where it came from, or the money, knowing it came into contact with his hide. But I've grown to have less patience with these types, so that's just me.

I read your QRZ bio, I'll try and stop by 3990 some time and say howdy.

Thank you for your service, I know I'd feel safe in your community.

NO6L
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2013, 03:57:35 AM »

Funny, as I see a warning post about N0YG trading an TS-2000 for an FT-950 and not shipping the other party their radio.  Amazing...talk about glass houses....Don't know all the details and QTH.com is frequently having network problems I will pull up the posting later and get the details...
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2013, 04:06:57 AM »

N0YG offered me this FT-950 on a trade for my radio today, 4 April 2013:  Read below:   You decide....

N0YG stole my YAESU FT 950 Transceiver HELP
by ko7t ยป Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 am

BEWARE OF N0YG Robert R Jones
I listed on QTH my YAESU FT 950 for $1200 or trade for a Kenwood TS 2000 N0YG responded with I have a Kenwood TS 2000 It was agreed we both would ship Monday, January 23, 2013 I shipped UPS and he received and signed for my FT 950 on January 29,2013 I have not received his TS 2000 or any proof he ever shipped his Kenwood TS 2000 once he signed for my transceiver N0YG refused to reply to any of my communications Any help in the return of my Yaesu Ft 950 and saving the good name if Amateur Radio would be appreciated Thanks
Gene French KO7T
email genefrenchko7t@yahoo.com
website http://www.ko7t.com
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2013, 05:07:32 AM »

Please don't mistake this as a defence of anyone, just as an observation.  I've recently seen an internet video where a shipment of an i-pad was delivered to a home by a fed-ex employee.  That home--unknown to anyone--had a video camera constantly monitoring the porch where the shipment was left.  The video produced showed a UPS employee coming and taking that package from the porch!  The shipment was retrieved and returned to its rightful owner--and the UPS employee was fired and arrested.

What I'm saying is that shipments have been made and delivered--and yet not received.  I've had it happen to me.  There are all too many thieves out there these days, so unless shipment is made with signature receipt required, people ought to be cautious of their accusations.  If the shipper is unwilling to ship in that manner--don't buy the item!
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2013, 11:02:40 AM »

Can't say I know the situation, but is fishy this N0YG offered me an FT-950 in trade for my gear. 

So, I would tred carefully with this guy....
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: