Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Problem loading ACL on Windows 7 laptop.  (Read 6374 times)
W8VVE

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2013, 01:01:24 PM »

I'm having problems getting Amateur Contact Log by N3FJP to load on my Windows 7 laptop.
It downloads fine...but will not run.  All Windows updates are installed.  I had no problem loading it on my PC downstairs...it uses Windows XP.  I know it will run under Windows 7 and was wondering if anyone has had problems and found a fix?  Not a huge biggie...I can always use the PC downstairs...but it would be really convenient if I could get it working on the laptop. Tks...Sam W8VVE
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 03:06:22 PM »

I'm having problems getting Amateur Contact Log by N3FJP to load on my Windows 7 laptop.
It downloads fine...but will not run.  All Windows updates are installed.  I had no problem loading it on my PC downstairs...it uses Windows XP.  I know it will run under Windows 7 and was wondering if anyone has had problems and found a fix?  Not a huge biggie...I can always use the PC downstairs...but it would be really convenient if I could get it working on the laptop. Tks...Sam W8VVE

Is Win 7 laptop 64 bit?

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
W8VVE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 05:33:17 PM »

No....it is 32.
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 07:14:42 PM »

Well MS did drop legacy support in 7 for old windows apps that are not true 32 bit apps. XP still supports them. You could try running it in XP compatibility mode.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:31:56 PM »

Did you let the installer install it for you?  On my old XP laptop, I made sure that ACL (before v 3.0) were NOT in the "Program Files" folder to eliminate the "I can't find my files." problem.  However, with the new rewrite, (v 3.0 and newer - 3.3 current) you must have the program in the "Program Files" folder for it to run.

Clint - W5CPT -
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »

I've got ACLog running on a W7 64-bit laptop; I'd be amazed if there were a problem running on the 32-bit version of W7.

N3FJP has an excellent reputation for support.  I'd suggest contacting him at snkdavis@aol.com .  The N3FJP_Software_Users Yahoo group is also very helpful.
W8VVE

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2013, 04:53:35 AM »

Thanks for the replies and info...I have loaded another program which works fine.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2013, 10:21:14 AM »

What is this reluctance to contact software vendors that I am seeing time and time again?  That to me is like saying I have a brain tumor, can the folks on eHAM give me some pointers on surgical techniques vs going to the surgeon!
W8VVE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »

What is this reluctance to contact software vendors that I am seeing time and time again?
===================================================================
Perhaps I should have noted in my post that I did contact the software vendor and was told that he uses it on a Windows 7 laptop with no problems...no other suggestions or comments.
It was after that I posted my question here on eham. I have since started using DXKeeper
which works fine...problem solved...happy camper.  73 to all...Sam W8VVE
W8VVE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2013, 10:46:41 AM »

Follow-up to original post...Version 4.1 has recently come out and after downloading  I was able
to run the program on my Windows 7 machine without any problems. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: