The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Doubt About Quality of eHam Reviews?  (Read 17515 times)
KC2QYM

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: July 01, 2016, 09:49:06 AM »

Check out this excerpt from a review of the Tempo One.......

"......The smell of warming tubes, the soft glow of the incandesence ...the velvet touch of the knobs and switches....the memories of the great Mystery of Amateur radio, kindled inside my chest so many years ago by this Iron lady and myself.....I will always have her by my side...and I will may stray from time to time...seduced by the chrome and gleam of others..but i will always come back to her. The Tempo One."

That is just plain weird.

That description is more than weird...it exposes the person's fetish and almost sexual attraction to an inanimate object...that's sick.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: July 01, 2016, 01:24:33 PM »

"...I sooooooo wanted to like the $1999 radio+ 13% tax ( I saved my loonies for a year to buy it) and I am not trashing Icom. I have a shack and closet full

Mike VE9AA"

13% tax? I'd be reviewing the institution that levied that. Maybe the eloquent reviewer who wrote the classy Tempo One review could write something..."It was a dark and stormy night as the legislators huddled in their gray dimly lit caverns. The smell of pipe smoke and old farts hung heavily in the air as the sorcerers crafted more tax laws to feed the unquenchable fiscal thirst of the beast known as 'government'. How I long for the good old days of 6% taxes and the velvety feel of my Tempo One..." but hey,I like my representative and give him a 4 out of 5.

LOL good one, but 13% is nothing, I have been to countries were the sales tax is 25%.
Now that would not be a bad thing if that was the only Tax they paid but they also pay income tax of I think 27% and a bunch of other taxes like NHF etc.

Personally I am all for the idea of one big flat sales Tax, so long as it's the only Tax.  That way the poor guy buying a can of soup pays his share and the wealthy guy buying his Yacht pays his share also.

73s
Rob

“A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.”  (Mark Twain)
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: July 06, 2016, 12:47:59 PM »

That description is more than weird...it exposes the person's fetish and almost sexual attraction to an inanimate object...that's sick.

Yessir. 
AC7CW

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: July 06, 2016, 04:04:41 PM »

I got a popup screen at Amazon saying I was a 20 year shopper! Time flies for sure but the thing I love about that service is the reviews. I've only gotten burned on one item due to fake reviews in all that time. I read eham reviews with a little different mindset though. It's a hobby, people relate to the products a little differently than they do to a household item at Amazon. If somebody really likes their rig because "if they can hear them they can work them" then it doesn't tell me much...

I also am very happy with all the stuff I ever buy from ebay. Good sellers have very high ratings. I fully don't understand all the paranoia that is spread around about ebay but i've written a book on psychopaths, I can smell them a mile away, I'd rather shoot one than get into any kind of business deal.

I've gotten ripped off at swap meets, not ham swap meets but just general ones. Ask any of the sellers "does that work?" and you will get a yes answer. Ask if they will take it back and you will get a change in subject or a blank stare of course.

I've bought stuff that was owned by CB'ers too, big mistake. I had a Yaesu tube rig wherein all the IF transformer adjustments had been epoxied in place. I guess that was to control the drift or something...  I was told that rig "worked fine" of course...

Novice 1958, 20WPM Extra now... (and get off my lawn)
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: