Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-857D S-meter broken - Help!  (Read 9238 times)
K6RMR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »

IF The Yaesu 857 is less than 1 year Old just send it
back to Yaesu with a copy of the Sales receipt.They
will fix it Free under the Waranty.They seem to have
a fast turn around with repairs.
             Stan
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2010, 12:00:24 PM »

To close out this thread, the values for the s-meter were corrupted and pseudo-values in the ball park were entered into the service menu and brought the s-meter back into operation. It may not be perfect, but who cares, it does work like normal now and Joe is a happy camper.. Regards to all Richy N2ZD
AE5NE

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2010, 01:13:33 PM »

I would like to thank KC8ADU for the valuable and correct technical suggestion.

If I could vote him up I would!
VE3ZXK

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 07:48:04 PM »

Same fault found here with an 857D.

Solution was the same, entering the alignment menu and realigning the S meter, as per service manual. Prom data was corrupted. Works like a charm now.
KU4BY

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2012, 08:52:20 PM »

I had this same S-Meter issue happen earlier this evening on power up. No idea why. Hooked it up to my HP-8921 and had her up and running again in about 5 minutes. Sorry for bringing back an old post but I wanted to say thanks for posting this.

Steve
KB2CPW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2012, 09:38:47 PM »

Yeh, if you can wade thru all of the less than helpful posts, you will find the answer I posted. Simply put the proper value back in to get it close or find someone with a service monitor. It doesn't have to be spot on, since it isn't an actual meter.

I will tell anyone who owns an 897 or 857, before you program anything into it, get a pen and paper and write down all of the service menu values first thing...

Now onto why they corrupt, you are getting RF into the rig, if you suspect this is happening, fix it or you run the risk of corrupting the settings in the service menu. Loss of S-Meter, power output or rx sensitivity are just a few things this bug will wipe out.

Richy N2ZD
VE3FAX

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2013, 07:53:20 PM »

I realize this probelm has been solved. But for those with similar problem with s-meter or other parts or segments of display not working- the LCD segments are known to fail or become intermittant. As of March 2013 , replacement LCD displays are no longer available from YAESU.

Temperature changes can affect segment performance and they can sometimes start to work again depending on cold/warm condx.

73 es GL
Greg
VA3VFO
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: