Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kenwood TS-440SAT w/ Signalink USB  (Read 4656 times)
WA9AFM

Ignore
« on: April 04, 2013, 11:24:57 AM »

Anyone using the Kenwood TS-440SAT with the Signalink USB?  Wanted to discover which cable configuration worked with the 440.
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 08:03:20 PM »

Check the TS-440 manual for instructions on "Packet" or "phone patch" setup.  That's what you want to follow.

.         Charles

PS -- does Tigertronics have the information you need?  The rig isn't all that old, or all that rare.
WA9AFM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 08:47:04 AM »

Just got a response from Tigertronics.  The 13 pin-DIN w/ diode matrix on the jumper header will do the job.  There is a new 'plug-n-play' Kenwood jumper module to facilitate the special PTT circuit for the older Kenwoods.
KA1DBE

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2013, 06:14:24 PM »

I only use two audio lines from my computer to my TS-440 phone patch input and output.  I have a 1:1 balun in each line.  I did wire up the 13 pin din just for PTT but I have found that using VOX works well and really simplifies the set up.  There is also an issue with the audio out on the 13 pin din.  I can't place it right off the top of my head but if you google it, I am sure you will find it.  Hope this helps a little.  73s
KD8TZC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 01:19:06 PM »

Just curious if you were able to get the 440 to work with digital and the Signalink USB?  I have the same setup and have been struggling with it.  When I send a PSK31 signal out there, I don't get any indication of power when I transmit.  My internal and external meters just say 0 watts.

John - KD8TZC
WA9AFM

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2013, 05:30:14 PM »

KD8TZC     Mixed results with the 13 pin-DIN cable.  Receive display was weak, but decoded fine.  As with you, the 440 keyed, but had to really crank up the SL USB xmit gain to get any output.  Moved JP-2 to increase audio output, but didn't see much improvement.  Going to try a 'round 8-pin' cable this weekend.

KD8TZC

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 10:08:53 AM »

I found that I didn't have the mic gain up far enough.  Once I did that, I am now nicely in the ALC zone.  You don't really want the rig blasting out 100watts of PSK31... don't really need that much power for it.  Other thing I checked was the audio output level from the computer going to the Tigertronics device (make sure you pick the right one as there will be one for the computer and one for the tigertronigics Sinalink)  Mine was down quite low as well.

John - KD8TZC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: