Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio-Mart  (Read 25861 times)
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2013, 01:33:32 PM »

Look at one of the latest:

--from the Amazon feedback--

1 out of 5:
"item arrived witout extra battery as advertised, no note from seller. I contacted seller who said they would send the battery. 3 weeks later no battery, filed a claim and seller tried to get me to drop the claim before i received the battery. THIS SELLER IS SHADY, I WOULD AVOID. "

Sounds normal--for RadioMart!

For once we agree on something. This guy is a real dirtbag!

DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »

It appears that Amazon has suspended/yanked/pulled his seller account. As of 1902 hrs. 5/8/13. Sorry, Radio-Mart fans.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 04:22:44 PM »

Well that did not last too long now did it ? 

Amazon won't put up with the shenanigans that Ebay would.

WARNING ! Martyn is supposed to be selling his warehouse of "collector quality" radios at Dayton in a few days ( probably because he is running out of other places to sell them ) .....I can hear it now....."it worked when it left my shop" .........   
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2013, 08:36:27 AM »

I think he's better off on eBay. At least there he had an actual turnover of items. His qth.com hosted website failed to generate interest, and it seems he's now running face-first into Amazon's expectations & standards (his modus operandi of 'make 4 people extremely happy, then gyp the next 2 customers because the previous 4 left great feedback & that's proof I'm an honest guy' won't fly on Amazon). So I predict he'll open back up on eBay, his home sweet home.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2013, 10:39:43 AM »

I don't think he can go back to ebay even if he wanted to.
W4OP

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2013, 10:48:46 AM »

If he shows his face at Dayton, there will be a line to clean his clock.

Dale W4OP
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2013, 11:02:59 AM »

I will be monitoring CNN .......
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2013, 12:58:35 PM »

On the Amazon website, the indication is that HE closed his storefront temporarily.  Could be that Amazon did it--it just isn't clear.

http://www.amazon.com/shops/A3QII02QYZ1XLB
The radio-mart Storefront is temporarily unavailable from the Seller.

Anyway, his usual practices seem to be catching up to him.  He'll be struggling to make his 'store' work now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 01:02:09 PM by K1CJS » Logged
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2013, 01:31:12 PM »

From Amazon's web site :

Performance Review and Notification Process

We regularly review the performance of all sellers and notify them when they are off-target. This review process is designed to give you time to improve your performance.
In most cases, we contact sellers with poor performance to ask for measurable improvement within 60 days of the first warning. Occasionally, sellers with very poor performance are immediately suspended or blocked.

I am wondering ?
K4LJP

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2013, 07:52:09 AM »

It seems he hasn't posted any new ads on QTH since April 28, also. I wonder if Scott finally woke up, smelled the coffee, and pulled the plug??
de Lee
K4LJP
K4LJP

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2013, 11:08:42 AM »

Dale W4OP
He has 4 spaces reserved in the Dayton FleaMarket.  On the west side, check on space # FW 1520 thru FW1523.......Lee
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 03:49:37 PM »

Dale W4OP

Maybe, but don't forget, it will be a "like new" fully tested clock, straight out of his "personal collection" and thus will not require cleaning.

See the latest at :  http://www.amazon.com/gp/aag/main?ie=UTF8&asin=&isAmazonFulfilled=&isCBA=&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&orderID=&seller=A3QII02QYZ1XLB

It seems as if o'l Martyn is having trouble with those pesky customers leaving him negative feedback again. Can you imagine ? I suppose I might be just a little PO'd if I ordered a battery, ( was supposed to be "in stock" ) and then had to wait six weeks for it to arrive, only to be told by the post Office that I owed an additional 3.50 for shipping .....but wait, I paid the shipping already !

DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2013, 03:57:51 PM »

Occasionally, sellers with very poor performance are immediately suspended or blocked.

I am wondering ?

Well, let's look at it logically:

One could rationionalize the Baofeng radios being "no longer available" as a temporary glitch with his supplier -- but -- those 20 different varieties of spray paint??! (Why spray paint, anyway?) Those are suddenly unavailable also. For some reason he can't sell anything on Amazon right now.

A possible scenario: one of those angry customers is raising such a stink with Amazon itself that they, in turn, have stopped Martyn from selling anything until the matter is cleared up.

If a seller is responsible then they make sure out-of-stock items aren't listed as "in stock." And, if the seller gets 12 complaints/negative feedback about doing just that, yet keeps doing exactly that, after acknowledging the complaints about it, then there is definitely a problem.
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2013, 04:10:58 PM »

" In most cases, we contact sellers with poor performance to ask for measurable improvement within 60 days of the first warning. Occasionally, sellers with very poor performance are immediately suspended or blocked.

That's what I am betting happened. one of Martyns favorite lines "yer blocked! " may have come back to haunt him ?
KD8IIC

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 07:10:27 PM »

Okay Kids, Once again, Here's how this works, Now Pay Attention This Time Damnit!
Step 1 ; Find nice radio in Radio Mart web site(s).
Step 2 ; Purchase said item(s)
Step 3 : Receive item(s) and find it does not work.
Step 4 : Call and or e-mail Martyn and report the defective item received.Listen and or read his BS.
Step 5 : Tell Martyn you'll report him. Listen to him threaten lawsuits about your damaging his reputation.
Step 6 ; Write off all this BS as just another disappointment in life.
Step 7 ; Review next credit card statement you just received.
Step 8 ; See where Martyn has double charged you for 'shipping and handling' without your consent. 
Step 9 : Figure out how Martyn made $$ on you even if you did return the item (on your dime) and were refunded $.
Step 10;Write off all this BS as just another disappointment in life.
Step 11;Weed out scammers on internet sales sites, including Ebay, by contacting them and doing background checks.
Step 12;Be happy that you have found crooked seller and saved your hard earned monies.

73 From Been There And Done All That...         

Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: