Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio-Mart  (Read 24127 times)
W4PC

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2013, 09:57:15 AM »

And in today's news :

There have been two different complaints on radio-marts "Amazon" page complaining of being sold fake Sennheiser  headphones.

6-17-13 :     1 out of 5:
    "Ordered a pair of Sennheiser headphones that I suspected were fakes (and later confirmed fake after i received an authentic pair from another seller). Contacted seller, who refused the possibility of the headphones being fake. Sent back the headphones for a refund, no refund arrived for several weeks despite constant messaging. Only got my refund after complaining to Amazon directly. "
    Simon, June 17, 2013

And on 6-9-13      1/5:
    "Received obvious counterfeit Sennheiser Headphones. Via e-mail, seller agreed to accept return. I sent headphones back & obtained a signed delivery receipt. After several weeks I have not received credit, but am working with American Express to recover payment. Luckily I have all documentation, pictures, etc."
    SM, June 9, 2013

How can you tell if they are fakes ?

http://www.ebay.com/gds/Fake-Sennheiser-CX300-Earphones-on-ebay-How-to-spot/10000000003024776/g.html
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: July 01, 2013, 06:03:24 PM »

Martyn Allison currently has a Youtube channel, pitching his Baofeng wares. You really should see it, friend or foe. I have to admit he's a natural salesman. The video (something like 8 minutes in length) almost made me want to buy one. Well, except that I put zero faith in a radio that fits in the palm of my hand and costs a mere fourty dollars. By the way, his Youtube video is open for comment.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:06:02 PM by DXTUNER » Logged
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: July 01, 2013, 07:33:12 PM »

You forgot to post the link :   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb3X06JxgCw

I wonder what dealer cost is on these radios ?
VE3FMC

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2013, 04:59:49 AM »

Martyn Allison currently has a Youtube channel, pitching his Baofeng wares. You really should see it, friend or foe. I have to admit he's a natural salesman. The video (something like 8 minutes in length) almost made me want to buy one. Well, except that I put zero faith in a radio that fits in the palm of my hand and costs a mere fourty dollars. By the way, his Youtube video is open for comment.

I have a Baofeng and it works fine. However I bought mine direct from China, not from the rip off artist.

I am amazed that hams continue to do business with that company after all the bad write ups about him.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 05:36:03 AM »

Martyn Allison currently has a Youtube channel...

A lot of us were wondering where he would show up next.  It figures that it would be You-Tube, with the way the more ridiculous videos there are the norm.   Roll Eyes
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2013, 12:00:15 PM »

I wonder what dealer cost is on these radios ?

The wholesale price direct from China that I'm aware of is about $33. That's when buying in a large lot. So Radio-Mart makes maybe $10 per unit at the most. Now, VE3FMC wonders why people continue to buy from Radio-Mart, given his bad record that's longer than the Nile (and I wonder the same thing), but I'm also curious why someone would want to sell Baofeng cheapies at only $5-$10 profit per unit. You'd have to sell at least 100 per week to make anything. And I don't believe Radio-Mart does anything close to that kind of volume. It's strange, it's suspicious, but also none of my business I guess.
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2013, 02:51:06 PM »

uh, let me guess, DXTUNER... he's not going to stop at a couple of bad business decisions, but try for the record?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2013, 03:07:53 PM »

...but try for the record?

By most accounts--he's already got it!
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2013, 07:45:16 PM »

Marty's using one of two strategies:

LOSS LEADER:  Sell something at or near "cost" in hopes of building business.  a/k/a "BAIT".

GILETTE'S STRATEGY:  Give the razor away but gouge them on the blades 'cause you're the "sole source".  Also used by IBM, Xerox, Polaroid to name a few.

N9LCD
DXTUNER

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 03:12:54 PM »

I think you're right on the money, N9LCD. He seems to have a lot of cash to play with/sacrifice. I remember one month, just after he opened his Qth.com store, after leaving eBay, I 'tracked' his purchases on eBay, where he still buys. Or did. Anyhow, that one month he spent a little over $20,000 on equipment. Right there on eBay, in one month. But none of his inventory at radio-mart.net was moving. At all. He might've sold 4 pieces that month. I was thinking, 'my god, where does that cash flow come from when his sales are so poor'?' I still wonder about that. Which is why I purposely used the word "suspicious" in my last post.
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: