Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radio-Mart  (Read 25903 times)
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2013, 06:58:21 AM »

Some amendments:

STEP 0:  DON'T USE PAYPAL. PAY WITH A CREDIT CARD.

Step 9:  Dispute the charge(s) with your credit card issuer.
            If the gear doesn't work or has undisclosed damage, it's "NOT AS ADVERTISED".
            If you were double-charged for shipping and handling, it's an "UNAUTHORIZED CHARGE".

STEP 10:  Withhold payment of the disputed amounts from your credit card issuer.

STEP 11:  Let your credit card issuer take on Martyn.  Card issuers can yank his card acceptance
              privileges if he's the subject of too many disputed charges.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 05:25:29 AM »

The ultimate amendment--

Step 1--If it has the name 'Radio-Mart anywhere associated with it, DON'T BOTHER READING FURTHER, RUN!
N9LCD

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2013, 11:13:31 AM »

That's for sure.

N9LCD
KD0REQ

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2013, 12:13:30 PM »

this thread is the WTF.com of ham radio.  there is always another whiskey tango foxtrot.

Barnum smiles from the beyond...
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 06:42:07 PM »

If he shows his face at Dayton, there will be a line to clean his clock.

Dale W4OP

Well Dale I saw him SEVERAL times last week at DAYTON "HAMVENTION" & even purchased 5 radio's between myself & the two friends who were with me from him.His CLOCK looked just fine to me & I just spoke with him YESTERDAY 5/24/13 on the telephone & he again sounded just fine.Maybe his clock did NOT need cleaning after all? I must say that I AGREE,there was a LONG LINE around his tables in the bone yard & I was in it with many many more & he had a whole lot fewer pieces(NEW & USED)of gear on Sunday afternoon than he did on Friday morning. Cheesy

Clayton
W4KVW
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 06:58:49 PM by W4KVW » Logged
AA6ZE

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 11:42:22 PM »

I guess if rooting for the bad guy floats your boat,this is supposed to be good news(?)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2013, 04:16:37 AM »

To each his own.  If most people could see and test a piece of equipment before they bought it and they were satisfied with it, it makes little difference (to them) who sold it.  RadioMart's reputation comes from his internet and mail order sales, not sales where people can actually see what they're buying before they hand over the cash.  I have no doubt that what he brought and sold there was the cream of his collection--not the trash he peddles to unsuspecting buyers over the internet and through mail orders.
KD4EBL

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2013, 11:32:40 AM »

I also had a positive experience with buying a radio from Radio-Mart in Dayton. Price was right, the radio worked as advertisted and I recieved a emailed receipt that I asked for. There were lots of radios on sale at Dayton, and he semed to do a great business with a line at one point. 
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »

Meanwhile at another booth Satan reports good sales as some hams say, "What's wrong with buying from the devil, so long as I save a buck or two?"
WB6VHK

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2013, 07:31:53 PM »

Meanwhile at another booth Satan reports good sales as some hams say, "What's wrong with buying from the devil, so long as I save a buck or two?"

does the devil overcharge for shipping?

It looks as if radio-mart is no longer selling on Amazon.com ... Martyn claims he decided to leave because it did not make good business sense but my guess is that it could have had something to do with his "feedback" rating ( now at 89% ) .....just a guess.   
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2013, 05:56:15 AM »

Poor Marty is running out of places to peddle his junk.  Who would have thought.....
KEVIN1218

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 01, 2013, 08:15:12 AM »

You pay the piper sooner or later!!

You get what you deserve, haha.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2013, 08:46:11 AM »

...It looks as if radio-mart is no longer selling on Amazon.com ... Martyn claims he decided to leave because it did not make good business sense but my guess is that it could have had something to do with his "feedback" rating ( now at 89% ) .....just a guess.  

In that case, he may have been telling the truth.  If he got a notice from Amazon that if his rating got any lower, Amazon itself would have closed his 'storefront' then it makes sense for HIMSELF to close it before Amazon gave him a black eye that he couldn't get rid of.  I don't think even he would try to threaten or bribe Amazon to get that undone--as it is reported he has done to many of his customers.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2013, 11:52:55 AM »

I had LOW transmit audio on a mobile I purchased from Martyn-K4TEC & I contacted him by phone.He requested that I return it & I did last Saturday.I received a NEW replacement radio on Thursday.NO CHARGE for replacement or return shipping by UPS.I'll keep buying from Radio Mart until he proves me wrong but up to now he has been VERY fair on his dealings with myself & my friends.Not everyone has had a bad experience with the business or it's owner & GOOD reports should be posted along with BAD.Thanks Martyn(Radio Mart)for taking care of the one issue I had & VERY fast as well. {:>)  Grin   Smiley 

Clayton
W4KVW
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2013, 12:59:50 PM »

You're right, Clayton, but from his reputation as posted by many, many others here on this site, one or two good transactions are NOT going to make people believe that he's turned over a new leaf.  There again, there is a sucker born every minute.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3] 4 5 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: