Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The easiest country that took you the longest time to work?  (Read 3998 times)
N6PSE

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2013, 08:21:27 PM »

Rotuma 3D2R was long elusive for me. I missed the DXpedition there some time ago.  I was part of the 3D2R DXpedition in 2011.  We donated equipment to the high school and trained the kids on how to operate.  Some months after I returned home, I worked the kids at 3D2RI club station for an ATNO.
N7SMI

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2013, 10:36:02 PM »

Thanks for the recommendations for Romania and Bolivia. I'm not at all worried about chasing them down - they'll find there way into the log sooner or later. It's just interesting which ones are elusive. I hadn't worked Switzerland either until very recently.

Interestingly, a YO was one of my very first amateur radio contacts, but he was maritime mobile off the coast of Cuba.
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: April 06, 2013, 10:50:25 PM »

If by easiest country you mean good propagation to the location, a good signal and you can find an operator from time to time then my answer is Mount Athos!

I have heard Monk Apollo on several occasions but the pileup plus the Lids kept me from a contact for years. I just reached him about a month ago and I am still waiting for a card.

73's
Robert

VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: April 07, 2013, 11:29:41 PM »

Rotuma 3D2R was long elusive for me. I missed the DXpedition there some time ago.  I was part of the 3D2R DXpedition in 2011.  We donated equipment to the high school and trained the kids on how to operate.  Some months after I returned home, I worked the kids at 3D2RI club station for an ATNO.
That's a happy ending, Paul!
I worked Aisea 3D2AA SK, when he was visiting his folks on Rotuma for Christmas. He died a few months later...
Then, I worked 3D2R even as I was packing away the paddle and headset to dash off to the airport to go to Vanuatu (YJ0VK).
Then, I was operating in Vanuatu again last year when the pileups started for 7O6T. I sweated blood for a week until I got home to work them - quite easily!
There are a couple of stations on regularly that are never on when I can work them, CP4BT and  RI1ANU. I did work both countries once, a few years ago, but never since.
And Mt Athos remains the single most frustrating one. Europe is easy to work from here, just about every day, and I have worked every other country in Europe on several bands. This one still eludes me. Many would like a proper DXpedition there.
Luke VK3HJ
F5FRM

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: April 09, 2013, 02:49:25 PM »

Franz Josef Land... When someone is active from there, I have no station, and vice versa.

At the opposite, SV2ASP/A was the first station I worked on HF. I learned only several months after that it was not Greece but The Mount Athos !

73. Nick F5FRM
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 02:54:37 PM by F5FRM » Logged
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2013, 03:51:47 PM »

Franz Josef Land... When someone is active from there, I have no station, and vice versa.

At the opposite, SV2ASP/A was the first station I worked on HF. I learned only several months after that it was not Greece but The Mount Athos !

73. Nick F5FRM

RI1FJ is active now. I got tow band fills from him today!

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2013, 04:05:39 PM »

Oh and by the way I don't have Canada on 17 or 12 and don't have Mexico on 30 or 80  Roll Eyes

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: