Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom IC-910H Mic Question  (Read 2887 times)
KB3ZIM

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »

Greetings Everyone!

I'd like to get a desk mic for my recently-acquired Icom IC-910H, which is probably at least 10+ years old.  The Icom SM-20 was a recommended option back when this transceiver was made, but that mic has since been supplanted by the SM-30.  Will the SM-30 also be compatible with this rig?  I would assume so, as they're both electret condenser mics, but I'm also aware that Icom is unique in how they handle mic inputs due to earlier transceivers having mic pre-amps in the mic itself versus the pre-amp being contained within the transceiver in later models...or is it the other way around?

Any feedback would be appreciated.  Thanks.  7 3
W5CPT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:50:13 PM »

I have a Non-Pro Icom and having gone through an SM-6 - SM-8, SM-10 (not bad at all) and now with the Heil iCM, I can easily recommend the Heil.  Great reports on audio and easy to set up using just the mike controls in the radio.  And for $120 (often less from the dealers) it is hard to beat.

Just make sure you get the iCM which is made specifically for our type radios. 

http://heilsound.com/amateur/products/icm/

Clint - W5CPT -
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: