Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cALL CHANGE  (Read 2032 times)
W4WDD

Ignore
« on: June 19, 2013, 12:37:15 PM »

I broke down and got a Vanity call, (W4WDD). My previous call was KD4RVH.
I started doing CW, the KD call was wearing me out.
My question is:
My New call is logged in the FCC data base as of 6/18/2013. My previous call, is marked as cancelled. Of course I haven't gotten my hard copy license in the mail yet.
Which call is the legal one to use until I get my license in the mail?
The W4 one is in the FCC data base, the KD one is listed as cancelled. Also the W4WDD is listed on the ARRL database.
A confused
Jim W4WDD Huh
KG6AF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2013, 01:20:26 PM »

I broke down and got a Vanity call, (W4WDD). My previous call was KD4RVH.
I started doing CW, the KD call was wearing me out.
My question is:
My New call is logged in the FCC data base as of 6/18/2013. My previous call, is marked as cancelled. Of course I haven't gotten my hard copy license in the mail yet.
Which call is the legal one to use until I get my license in the mail?
The W4 one is in the FCC data base, the KD one is listed as cancelled. Also the W4WDD is listed on the ARRL database.
A confused
Jim W4WDD Huh

The entry in the FCC database takes precedence over everything else, including your current paper license; use the new call.  You can print out a reference copy of your new license, if you want, but it's not required.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 03:11:06 PM »

Once the new call is in the FCC database, it's legal to use.  If you want to wait for the paperwork to get to you, you can, and you can still use your old call--but once the paperwork IS in your hands or once you use that new call, you cannot legally use your old call since you've been notified--somehow--that the new call is in effect and the old call is cancelled.

The FCC takes things into consideration because not everybody has internet service, although there is little reason not to have it--somehow.
NR4C

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:53:11 AM »

Your call is whatever the FCC says it is.  The ARRL has nothing to do with it.  If the FCC ULS says you call is W4WDD then you should use it.  Why would you even consider using a call listed as "CANCELED"?

...bc nr4c
KX8N

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2013, 01:16:35 PM »

If the old call is listed as "cancelled", then it is invalid and you can't use it. You must use the new one, listed in the FCC database. Doesn't matter what's in your hand, the only legal call is what the FCC has in their files.

Dave
KX8N
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: