The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: re: a stolen diamond mobile antenna  (Read 33907 times)
KC7BYP

Ignore
« on: October 25, 2014, 01:29:08 AM »

This took place sometime late Thur- early Friday morning at my home QTH.  Someone took my Diamond CR8900A quad band (10m,6m,2m,70cm) mobile antenna off the back of my 1997 dark blue Chrysler Town & Country minivan.   If anyone tries to sell you a kind of ruff looking quad band  mobile antenna with a small bow in the 2nd rod and the very tip-top small rod looks like it has been bent and straitened a few times because the antenna has been bent and wacked by low hanging branches and so on.  Please let me know at kc7byp@msn.com  or via my cell phone 509-438-1988.  Or call the Kennewick,  Wa police Dept.   

Steve kc7byp

Steve kc7byp
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2014, 04:33:52 AM »

I know the feeling. Have had 2 dual band mag mounts stolen in the last 6 months. They cut the coax and take them. Since I had tall ones, 50 plus inches, some probably took them thinking the are CB antennas. I changed to a stubby dual band antenna hoping they will leave it alone.
N5FUR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:59:16 PM »

Why did you leave the antenna on the car in the first place? It's a pain to take off and put back on, but you would still have your antenna. I take my radio face plate and antennas in when not in use. My radio and amp is in my trunk so it would be hard to steal.

SOFAR

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 03:42:26 PM »

You know Michael... People that chastise others over trivial issues, usually have a lack of control or options in their own lives. But lack the balls to move out on their own, or speak their mind in front of the XYL for fear of being told who really makes the  rules.
KJ6ZH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2015, 12:49:25 PM »

Know the feeling. Had 2 antennas worth $100 stolen from my car at work in Dec.
Checking with local police they said it was probably stolen for the scrap metal value.
I now remove when not in use.

Chris - KJ6ZH
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2015, 03:58:41 PM »

Why did you leave the antenna on the car in the first place? It's a pain to take off and put back on, but you would still have your antenna. I take my radio face plate and antennas in when not in use. My radio and amp is in my trunk so it would be hard to steal.

But it still COULD be stolen.  If you REALLY want to protect from theft, you need to install the gear every morning when you get in the car, and then remove it all when you get home in the evening.  OR, you could sit on your roof all night with a gun and a thermos of coffee, and PROTECT your gear.

Oh, you're thinking that wasn't very helpful?  Criticizing someone's message with irrelevant complaints that the original poster didn't do what YOU think he should have done?  Sorry.  I can see where you'd find that annoying.

KI7DG

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2015, 11:05:09 AM »

Steve
I doubt a ham stole it but just in case the Spokane Ham Fest is coming up Sept 26 and your just a couple hours drive you might want to check it out.

73 and good DX
Chuck
KI7DG
NO2A

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 07:12:14 PM »

Sorry for your loss. I hope whoever stole it pokes their eye out.
W9FIB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2015, 07:45:31 AM »

Cause that's what I do. And my van does not have a trunk.

Merry Christmas!
W6EM

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2015, 09:59:23 PM »

If your cars have alarm systems, you could home brew a small P-FET based alarm trip circuit so that if someone were to touch the antenna, it would trip the car alarm.

KB0OXD

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 04:22:20 PM »

Uhh.....At the risk of sounding INCREDIBLY ignorant - WHY are we talking about AN ANTENNA ??

I mean C'mon - It only costs $20 to $50 to replace.  Hardly worth the ink & paper used to fill out a police report

JMO.....

Cheers & 73 Smiley

Pat Cook, KB0OXD
Englewood, CO
WEBSITE | TWITTER | FACEBOOK | APRS TRACKER
WI8P

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Yesterday at 08:37:20 AM »

Uhh.....At the risk of sounding INCREDIBLY ignorant - WHY are we talking about AN ANTENNA ??

I mean C'mon - It only costs $20 to $50 to replace.  Hardly worth the ink & paper used to fill out a police report

JMO.....

Cheers & 73 Smiley

Well, since it's only $20 to $50 to replace, why don't you replace it for him?  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: