The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Stolen: Yaesu VX-6R HT  (Read 1701 times)
K7PEH

Ignore
« on: September 18, 2016, 01:40:25 PM »

Angry

My Yaesu VX-6R HT was stolen from my pickup truck when I was having it serviced at the local Chevy dealership.  Serial number: 5D021020.

I talked with the Chevy people (not too much help) and I reported it to the local police department.  The HT was sitting on the passenger front seat with a small black hand towel on top of it.  It was not hidden though because the charger (cigarette charger unit), though not plugged in was sitting on top of the towel itself.

I did not notice it right away when I picked up my truck, the black towel was still there and in place.  When I discovered it missing from the truck (exhaustive search) I also searched all reasonable and unreasonable spots in my house.  However, I was certain it was stolen at the dealership and possibly while it was parked in their parking lot waiting for me to pick it up after service was complete.  The dealership did respond by talking to the crew that was on  duty at the time but of course everyone was innocent (and, maybe they were as the general public had access to where the truck was parked and it was unlocked).

The only reasonably good news is that it is not too expensive to buy a new one.  I purchased this HT in June 2005 for $229.  Today, it will cost me exactly $229 to replace it with a brand new unit (if I choose to do that).
K7PEH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 04:46:30 PM »

Smiley
Kudos the the Kirkland (Washington State) City Police Department.  I got a call today that they had found my VX-6R HT.  Since I had just reported it to the police a few days ago, mid-last-week or so, this is very quick work.  They told me that someone had pawned it in a downtown Seattle Pawn shop.  The Kirkland Police will be working to get the HT back to me.  I would say that is Fast Work!
KC9NVP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2016, 07:35:56 AM »

Well good news, hope it was not damaged during the time it was out of your control.  If I have to leave my vehicles over night at a dealer for service, I remove my radios and take them with me, same with the antennas.  Too many sticky fingers out there to take the chance of something coming up missing.

David
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: