Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tuning up on DX  (Read 1665 times)
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2013, 02:17:38 PM »

I wonder if people realize on CW its easy to tell who they are after they tune up on the DX freq. and then start calling? If they do its amazing that people would want to present themselves to the world in that manner. "Hey everybody, I'm a(n) __________"(fill in the blank)!

ugh, I did that once by accident. A week or so after our daughter was born I was in a bit of a sleepless haze trying to work a dxpedition.. got a few friendly and not so friendly emails as a result..

I actually feel embarrassed when I do something dumb on the air. I was wondering if I was the only one who did.
W9KDX

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2013, 02:29:05 PM »

I agree, these people seem to be just intent on blocking QSOs as much as they can.  Some don't even bother to pretend to be tuning; I have heard just plain noise coming through a mike.

It took me less than a month to learn how to tune up in just a few seconds.  Minutes of "tuning" is just plain rude, reminding me of the CB heydays of the 1970s.

Sam
W9KDX
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2013, 04:03:03 PM »

I agree, these people seem to be just intent on blocking QSOs as much as they can.  Some don't even bother to pretend to be tuning; I have heard just plain noise coming through a mike.

It took me less than a month to learn how to tune up in just a few seconds.  Minutes of "tuning" is just plain rude, reminding me of the CB heydays of the 1970s.

Now they are all hams  Angry

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2013, 05:58:37 PM »

I was trying to work Egypt last night and he was just above ESP level 2X3 and some QRM'er put a carrier on the same frequency as the SU2 station for over 2 minutes. I need Egypt for ATNO along with a few other Middle East countries it always seem that when I hear them some jerk does this or they QSY to a band I can not hear them on. Same thig happened with Palestine when I could hear them. It is pure QRM and nothing more. As for tuning up I use a dummy load and make fine adjustments as I am calling the DX it takes less than a second or 2. 
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: