Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: G WHIP END FED ANTENNA  (Read 2104 times)
M6DZA

Ignore
« on: April 12, 2013, 03:28:16 PM »

Hi Guys

New to the scene I went and got a (G WHIP END FED) antenna from a company on the internet after a few people had praised the quality and the service.

I spoke to Geoff the guy from the site and had the wow factor someone who not only knows what they are talking about but also delivers and EXCELLENT service with support and advice thrown in.
I ordered my END fed for 20mtrs and awaited well super fast service and delivery I was over the moon and got the item within a few days and quality you could see when it was handed to me by the postman well wrapped and safe.
I wasted not time in getting it set up and searching the band and after a short time got some contacts one in Bulgaria that gave me a great 5/7 I was astonished and the reception quality is fantastic.

I would like to thank Geoff for the fantastic service all round and say I will be ordering more kit soon.

I was just wondering if anyone else has dealt with these guys and what sort of kit you got and what results as well.

The site www.gwhip.co.uk if anyone is interested shows the kit and again you can see the quality in the products.

If anyone else has the kit I would be very interested in any info from you as I am interested in what other people have to say as well as learning what other kit is working well so I can build my knowledge.

Many thanks for reading my little message.
73 to all

Daz  Grin Grin
K5LXP

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 04:53:57 PM »

That should work for the discount. Tongue

WANT 20% DISCOUNT?

If you have bought one of our Baluns or End Fed antennas from us direct and you leave a report on Eham be it good or bad we will give you 20% off your next purchase of a balun or other End Fed
KB4QAA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 08:42:32 AM »

Well that covers the "Shameless self promotion" category.   Angry
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 12:58:01 PM »

after a short time got some contacts one in Bulgaria that gave me a great 5/7 I was astonished

Gee, I've worked LZ from my car a bunch of times, and usually get a 59 signal report.  Does that mean my mobile antenna is two s-units better than the antenna you wrote the blatant advertising for?

At least you could have posted that in "reviews" ...
KA4NMA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2013, 06:44:19 PM »

I would rather shop local and get a par/lnr end feed antenna.  I support, the North Carolina business, as I live in NC.

Randy ka4nma
VA3RR

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2013, 07:17:44 AM »

I wonder if the G Whip uses a tuned circuit for the required impedance transformation...

This homebrew example doesn't:

http://pa-11019.blogspot.ca/2012/04/149-transformer-for-endfed-antennas-35.html
M6DZA

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2013, 12:23:28 PM »

Well guys sorry if this looks like an advert but it isn't and I just stated how I got on and asked a question if anyone else uses them at all.
As a new amateur radio operator I found Most people polite and pleasant not judgemental but hey sorry if I was wrong and I will add the link to reviews is http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/9437 with my appologies and the redirection I will place it in the right part next time.

Once again as stated I was just adding a comment as I am not planning on any new kit just yet I don't see the 20% comment as viable and do not want to be judged as advertising as it was a real comment about a product I am happy with I did put a comment on my Diamond X200 as well but no one accused me of advertising then so do not see the problem.

Well thanks for the support and comments I now realise how things go that's fine.

Daz Huh Huh Huh
M6DZA

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2013, 12:28:55 PM »

I have now moved a copy to the reviews section seems a lot of happy customers in that section sorry for putting it here and upsetting people it is now where the question and answers will be appreciated.

Appologies again. Kiss Kiss Kiss
M6DZA

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2013, 12:31:56 PM »

after a short time got some contacts one in Bulgaria that gave me a great 5/7 I was astonished

Gee, I've worked LZ from my car a bunch of times, and usually get a 59 signal report.  Does that mean my mobile antenna is two s-units better than the antenna you wrote the blatant advertising for?

At least you could have posted that in "reviews" ...

It is in reviews now sorry but we where all new once and I am happy new and learning from those that don't judge or knock me for asking questions and making comments. Huh Grin
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2013, 03:23:08 PM »

... sorry but we where all new once and I am happy new and learning from those that don't judge or knock me for asking questions and making comments.

Daz, sorry if I flamed your panties.  What your post looked like to many of us was blatant advertising, in an inappropriate forum, of a type usually coming from a shill for the manufacturer.  This is something most of us Old Pharts dislike rather intensely.

I'd also be willing to bet you could make at least as good antenna for 25% of the price you paid for a store-bought antenna, but that's an entirely different argument, and you've suffered enough for now. ;-)

Apologies are offered to the extent that they are necessary, and welcome.  73!  --ken
M6DZA

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 12:10:15 PM »

HI KEN

Thanks for being friendly enough to send a polite reply it is all new to me and not an advert I assure you my friend I am just new to it all and have now put the post in the correct location.

I have not started to try my own home brew ariels as yet and was just amazed at the result this end fed I bought got for me that was it end of story no advert just amazed ha ha ha.

cheers and 73

Daz Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: