Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Alinco DR430 No Output  (Read 2905 times)
G1HQK

Ignore
« on: April 13, 2013, 09:22:47 AM »

Hi all, frustrating that I cannot find any info on this problem, the radio appears to be fully txing according to the LCD display on the set, however it is drawing a little over 1/4amp with a real output of around 250mw, I have tried the factory rest (F+Power) wondered if there is a full service reset using other keys, not sure if this is a firmware or component problem, the PA does not look fried and there are no scorch marks on the board any where, any help much appreciated as it is a great little radio.  73 Ian G1HQK
G1HQK

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 03:16:46 AM »

Well under a strong magnifying glass the problem has shown itself, MILDEW CORROSION!  It is all over the board, doubt that will ever work again  Sad  Sad   Sad
WN2C

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 05:05:18 AM »

Are you sure it is not silver migration?  Use a spray cleaner used for cleaning pc boards (after removing it from radio) and see what happens.  What have you got to loose, the cost of a can of spray cleaner?

Rick  wn2c
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: