Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Working all U.S.Counties on psk 31.  (Read 9724 times)
AC4BB

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2013, 09:48:23 PM »

After doing 4band WAS I,decided on something new  and  different. Working all Counties using only psk 31, At the time it seemed like a pretty far fetched idea?
   I contacted the  US County hunters(MARAC) and I was informed by them or members of it that only SSB or CW would count towards that award.   Nothing on digital.  I didn't let that stop me. I have 977/3077  US Counties  and or independent Cities confirmed. The (USA-CA) has an award through CQ Magazine that's offered  for users of eqsl.
  I found  a fellow County Hunter on 20 psk 31 last night that informed me The US County hunters now offers a digital  county hunters net? I had heard about that But, I've never encountered it before.
  I'm glad to see that things are finally, moving forward in the digital age?   I guess sometimes the wheels of change turn slowly.   I don't think anyone has yet gotten all the U.S. Counties on PSK 31 yet? If, I'm wrong please tell me.
  If, you hear me please throw your County or Independent City to me, It'll be much appreciated and also,it'll help me reach my goal faster.
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 05:50:40 AM »

Bryan, that's a great goal!  At least you'll have something to look forward to for a long time.  How are you keeping track of your counties, software or manually?  If using software, what program do you use?  I was thinking of adding something to my goal list and collecting counties is a nice adventure.  I'm new to the concept so any help/advice is appreciated.

Thanks Randy
AC4BB

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 08:15:25 AM »

Thanks, Randy, It's sure kept me busy.  I use HRD the (old version) for soft and it has a County logging on it.  I use EQSL as they're with CQ Magazine, which is the official awards  system for the USCH on line and I just submit the contacts. On LOTW you cannot use it for Counties as they don't offer the award. 
   CQ Magazine adds a printable logsheet which you can mail in for credits/awards.  You can also use hybrid cards. Paper cards can be submitted for credit.
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 06:27:44 PM »

Thanks Bryan fir the info on how you keep track of the counties.  I also use HRD version 5 (6 still has a few bugs I don't like) and eQSL.  The only place I see county option is in the layout of the logbook.  It's too bad HRD doesn't have a special part in the awards page.  It's strange that someone hasn't developed a computer program to aid in tracking counties. I should have majored in computer programming instead of nursing.  This looks like a multiple rainy day project just putting the info into their book CQ reccommends.  I have a few years worth of electronic log info to transfer.

Randy
AC4BB

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:38:36 PM »

Randy, Check the "My Awards" on eqsl. You have to be at least  A bronze member, Any amount donated will cover that. See ("USA-CA)  It will list every County confirmed there also have WAZ ,WAS, WPX and several more, I need 5 more zones to have all 40 of them on psk 31,
AJ4RW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 03:13:08 PM »

Thanks Bryan for the education, it sure makes keeping track of the counties much, much easier.  That's what happens when you live in a cave hi hi.  I never knew that Eqsl kept track of the counties.  I knew eQSL partnered with CQ for the counties as far as verification.  In a way it was kind of disheartening though, I thought I'd worked more counties.  636 isn't many for 4 1/2 year of using eQSL.  I only have 19 states left using CW before I get the triple play on the WAS.  Guess I need to get busy on this.  Maybe after a good nap.

Randy AJ7G
AC4BB

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 12:56:13 AM »

I've confirmed 980 US Counties on psk 31, Sending in for credits earned at 1000.   It's a real; shame that they don't have a worked all Counties contest on psk 31.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 12:58:17 AM by AC4BB » Logged
AA6YQ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 11:44:41 PM »

It's strange that someone hasn't developed a computer program to aid in tracking counties.

DXLab generates a "Worked All US Counties" report like this

DXLab is entirely free; it's available here

Dave, AA6YQ
KC7YE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2013, 07:02:18 AM »

Digital is good for MARAC All Counties award(s) www.marac.org/awards.pdf  in the rules on page 9 under modes states any FCC authorized mode are OK.
Several are running mobile digital and putting out counties. Check the MARAC web site forum & planned trips while looking at the rules. Most digital CHer activity is on 14074 and 074 on the older bands. 30 & 17 mtrs has been used too but don't recall freqs. Have been hunting counties since 1970 and still need over 300 in any mode ! Don't have room in Subaru to do digital as mobile but do run CW (stopped) Good luck.
KC7YE
KC7YE

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2013, 07:35:19 PM »

County hunting spots @ www.w6rk.com Read the mail to get a feel for what's up on air. Kinda like DX Summit, for county hunters. Find spots are very helpful as hunters use SSB, CW & a bunch of digital modes. Careful you don't get "hooked"
Jack KC7YE
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: