Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Non-FlexRadio SDR Would you suggest?  (Read 2355 times)
AB2YC

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2015, 02:20:26 PM »

I have a Flex-1500 but upgraded to a different radio (different manufacturer) and pretty much shelved the Flex-1500.

I like the concept of SDR and have toyed with getting another. Who is currently making a
160-6 Meter, 100 watt class, SDR that has a 10MHz Ref input, and able to use transverters?

Thank you

« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 02:26:04 PM by AB2YC » Logged
PJ2BVU

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 05:25:53 PM »

Have a look at the ANAN-100
https://apache-labs.com/index.php

Jean-Claude PJ2BVU
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 09:43:21 PM »

I would consider the http://www.sunsdr.com/en/products/9-transceiver/33-the-ducddc-hvvhfsunsdr2-transceiver.html
AB7R

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2015, 08:37:53 AM »

It's not 100W, rather 20W, but I have REALLY enjoyed using the SunSDR2.  The software is great, lots of intuitive features that work well.  I have tried the ANAN, Flex 6700, QS1R and enjoy this SDR the most so far.

I recently ordered the Hardrock 50 amp to use as an IPA to fully drive my quadra when I want more than 20W.  I should be able to configure this for automatic band changes to follow the radio via sharing the CAT data going to an Elecraft KAT500.

73 and GL
Greg
AB7R
SWL2002

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »

It's not 100W, rather 20W, but I have REALLY enjoyed using the SunSDR2.  The software is great, lots of intuitive features that work well.  I have tried the ANAN, Flex 6700, QS1R and enjoy this SDR the most so far.

I recently ordered the Hardrock 50 amp to use as an IPA to fully drive my quadra when I want more than 20W.  I should be able to configure this for automatic band changes to follow the radio via sharing the CAT data going to an Elecraft KAT500.

73 and GL
Greg
AB7R

Sounds like your favorite radio is the one you own right now... a lot of money can be spent on chasing "perfection".
AB7R

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 02:13:18 PM »

Now that is a true statement. Smiley

I really hoped the 6700 would be my last radio but I decided to downsize due to lack of operating time and since there were some issues I had with it (UI and NB mainly) that became my main item to replace.  Since I really like SDRs and the UI for the Sun seemed very interesting I had to try it.  It's not perfect, but for what I am doing these days I really like it.  Yes...it still uses VAC instead of DAX but it works...and I don't have problems working splits like I did with DAX.  Lots of features that I have not seen in any other SDR interfaces that are quite handy.  So yes, for me, this is an improvement over my last rig.

AA9G

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2015, 07:00:28 PM »

I swapped my Flex 5000a for an Anan 100d. The difference is amazing.
 Have a look at Nige Coleman's (G7CNF)  website here http://wp.g7cnf.me.uk/   and his you tube channel.

Ex KC9EEV.
K3GM

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2015, 04:21:47 AM »

I've enjoyed my Apache Labs ANAN-100 for nearly 2 years.  It appears that Gigaparts is now an Apache Labs dealer, and I'm seeing ads on the ARRL site, so they must be getting some traction here in the US.
AE5X

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2015, 01:37:15 PM »

I just (today) pre-ordered the upcoming Anan-10E. I'm brand new to the SDR world - hope I didn't screw up in making this my rig of choice! Expecting it to run circles around my FunCube Pro+ that got me into this aspect of the hobby.

John AE5X
http://www.ae5x.com/blog/2015/01/17/new-sdr-rig-on-the-way-from-india/
K9IUQ

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2015, 11:12:26 AM »

4 years ago I dumped my Flex 5000A for a TS-590s and a QS1R. The difference was and still is amazingWink

I really hoped the 6700 would be my last radio but I decided to downsize due to lack of operating time and since there were some issues I had with it

LMAO, there are always "issues" with Flexradios. Few owners admit it while they are Flex Owners.Then they dump their Flexradio and get something else and all of a sudden: The difference (in my NON-Flexradio) is amazing. and So yes, for me, this is an improvement over my last (Flexradio) rig.

Flex free forever,   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ

HAMRADIO1

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2015, 11:47:07 AM »

4 years ago I dumped my Flex 5000A for a TS-590s and a QS1R. The difference was and still is amazing.  Wink

I really hoped the 6700 would be my last radio but I decided to downsize due to lack of operating time and since there were some issues I had with it

LMAO, there are always "issues" with Flexradios. Few owners admit it while they are Flex Owners.Then they dump their Flexradio and get something else and all of a sudden: The difference (in my NON-Flexradio) is amazing. and So yes, for me, this is an improvement over my last (Flexradio) rig.

Flex free forever,   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Stan K9IUQ

He's Back!  Mr. Flex
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: