Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Radioddity? Wouxun.us?  (Read 5479 times)
GORDONAUSTIN

Ignore
« on: November 06, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »

Has anybody had any experiences with either of these two companies or other recommendations?
K6LCS

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:02:33 PM »

For quality control, service, and reputation - Powerwerx.com is one of the best sources for Wouxun radios and accessories.

Clint Bradford, K6LCS
http://www.work-sat.com
N4NYY

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 05:04:30 AM »

At HRO, our US distributor for Wouxon is Powerwerx. Never heard of the other 2.
KB2VUQ

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 08:23:51 PM »

Wouxun.us is Import Communications. I've never had a problem with Ed,
from Import, as he answers every email promptly and truthfully. If it isn't
in stock, he'll tell you so, along with an expected shipping time.

N4MIU

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 12:28:14 PM »

To all the Ham Radio Operators. If you are planning to purchase a inexpensive Ham Radio, do not purchase it from Radioddity. Buy your radio from a well known Ham Radio store here in the USA.
I purchased a radio from Radioddity on November 4th and I did not get it. They claim that it was lost in the mail. They informed me that they will send a replacement by USPS 2nd day Priority Mail. It is going on 2 weeks now and the USPS can not find the package and no postal tracking !  When someone promise me that they are going to do something and do not live up to their word, I can not do business with them. The trust is broken. So save the heart ache and the frustration, buy your Ham Radio equipment from a good trustworthy Ham Radio Store here in the USA.
BG6NIC

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 02:55:44 AM »

what's about 409shop?
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 06:16:26 AM »

It should be noted that some of these small 'companies' are nothing but ordering dealers, and the shipments are actually done from overseas.  They act and talk like the radios come from their stock, but they don't.

It should also be noted that some of the importers that have signed up to handle distribution in the US are having second thoughts.  It's been reported that one US distributor has even ended their relationship with one of the overseas manufacturers due to QC issues and the failure of the manufacturer to furnish any sort of compensation or assistance on the units that have failed.  The US distributor has shouldered those issues by themselves and have finally come to the point where they either can't--or just won't do it anymore.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 04:09:38 AM »

There is an open letter from a company that handled Wouxon products in the VHF/UHF forum.  I suggest you look at it.
WB8NUT

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2014, 04:49:32 AM »

I would suggest that if you want to buy cheap Chinese junk radios that you just buy a Baofeng for about $40. In my opinion they are throw-a-way radios if they break. If you are going to spend $100 for a Wouxun, just spend a few bucks more and get a quality Japanese radio.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: