Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware Idiom Press!!  (Read 40905 times)
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: March 12, 2014, 08:50:32 AM »

October 2013:  "Most importantly, I've personally refocused on customer contact."

http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Topband/2013-10/msg00193.html
NS3L

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2014, 08:16:47 AM »

Well, despite several emails and phone messages.. regarding my order not being filled, and Idiom Press now having access to my credit card info, I've come to the point that Idiom Press is nothing more than a fraudulent enterprise, and may have been deceiving all of us all along just to buy time....

The fact that they are still accepting orders and using major credit card services while not following through on orders meets all the criteria that I need to place a label on them....

Today I put the two Major Credit Card companies on alert via Citibank who are servicing my account.. They have agreed to forward this matter to their fraud/security department, and they've told me that the matter will be elevated out to the majors.. I have also contacted Paypal and alerted them to the possibility that there system is involved as well..

I've had enough of this kind of garbage.. Idiom Press just fold and do us all a favor..Sell the company off and get someone professional to handle the products..!!!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES...!!!!!!

Steve J. Nordahl, NS3L
Nazareth, Pa.
W9ZO

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: March 15, 2014, 11:46:00 AM »

I received a reply from Rob this evening.
He promised to ship the Rotor EZ kit tomorrow.

I will give him credit for now to be trying to get things going in time.

For now I take him at his word that he just got a little behind in the orders.
I will keep you updated on the progress of my order.
Pat - W9ZO

I received the kit today.
It took 21 days from the time I ordered the Rotor EZ kit, but it finally came.
Now to see about putting it together
Pat - W9ZO
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 11:48:05 AM by W9ZO » Logged
W1JCW

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: March 21, 2014, 08:21:11 AM »

If I had a dad as Rob did I sure would have taking this seriously and made a go of it. I would have done anything to have the opportunity Rob had to have a well established business handed to be in a silver platter!! I ordered four LED kits over a month ago and no contact whats so ever! I've called their # several times and sent emails to all the contacts. I sent a cancel email to them for the order now.

I just don't understand how you screw up something handed to you such as this.

If anyone has a good contact # for Rob it would be nice to have to maybe we can obtain these products.

This is Rob Locher W7GH. Idiom Press was started by my father Bob Locher W9KNI. A few years ago he brought me on board, and then later retired, leaving me in charge. I'd had no business experience before running Idiom Press.

quote from Rob:

" Recently I've had several unanticipated challenges that I've had to deal with. The challenges have led to an order backlog, which has multiplied my workload. I've dropped the ball in keeping up with emails and phone calls. My father, and also friends and other concerned people, have reminded me that the most important thing to any business is contact with the customer.

To the people I've inconvenienced, I'm sorry, and I apologize. I am learning as I go. I have a plan to get caught up with orders as quickly as possible. Most importantly, I've personally refocused on customer contact. I'll be contacting everyone with an outstanding order. I must, however, ask customers for a little patience for the next month or so.

- Rob Locher W7GH
Idiom Press  "
W3DDF

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: March 21, 2014, 02:10:23 PM »

I placed an order for a Rotor EZ three weeks ago and have not heard anything from Rob after sending several emails and a phone call.  It seems that the quote from Rob above was made back in October 2013.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2014, 02:14:15 PM by W3DDF » Logged
N5OP

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: March 21, 2014, 09:13:00 PM »

I've had their Rotor EZ for over a decade and love it. However, it recently bit the dust and I recently ordered a replacement. However, after reading these reviews, I'm having serious second thoughts. I love the Rotor EZ board but my controller is useless without it. If it looks like I'll have to wait weeks, I'll cancel my order and try something else. Like everyone else, I've placed calls and sent e-mails but I get no response.

Is there any hope?

Kim N5OP
W3DDF

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2014, 08:18:20 AM »

I have decided to purchase a Green Heron controller and cancel the order I had with Idiom Press.  I can't believe that Rob still does not reply back to people after he stated last October that customer communication is important. It is too bad I thought he had some good products.
N1AMB

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2014, 12:04:33 PM »

I to am a victim of Mr Locher (W7GH) sent a defective board back on 11/29/13 and have called 21 time and no return call. Got a hold of the OR state police and I'll let them contact Mr. Locher they asked for proof of this theft as I have the signed Tracking from the USPS. It really is a sad state of affairs when a son can do this to a business that his father cared so much about, it's not the money it's the fact that he could do this to a fellow ham
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: