The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The BIG announcement?  (Read 10730 times)
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2013, 06:05:49 PM »

The easiest way to get Kim Jung Ding Dong into ham radio is to give Dennis Rodman a free ARRL membership along with two complimentary Tech licenses and send him back to N.Korea.
AF5CC

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2013, 08:06:25 PM »

Let him run the DXpedition.  He will break the T32C record of 213,169 QSOs in the first 8 hours!

John AF5CC
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2013, 05:48:04 AM »

Who is Dennis Rodman?
WA4IIF

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2013, 06:05:58 AM »

CW only?

I would hope for CW and SSB operations. Couldn't we expect Kim Jong Un to be a high speed (over 30 WPM) with just a little training and practice?

I meant high speed CW operator. And if he was, would he be able to do over 30 WPM with a straight key?
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2013, 06:58:13 AM »

Who is Dennis Rodman?

His real job was as a professional basketball player but he wasn't a normal one.  He would wear green hair, start fights during the games, the papers say he dated Madonna, he even dabbled in wresting for a time.  I guess eccentric showman sums him up about as good as anything.  Rodman's career was basically over by 2000 so the young dear leader may know him better for his off-the-court antics then his playing days.

Rodman is not going to become a ham or bring ham radio to NK.  Those are jokes, much like Rodam is.

Chris/NU1O
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2013, 07:24:57 AM »

You bet !  DXCC in an hour and HR in 24.
We have never seen a pileup that would happen if DPRK was active.

They will not make HR during the expedition because in a given week there are not enough countries active.  HR requires one to wait for uninhabited islands and countries without amateurs to be activated.  In a given week the number of active entities is about 230 I believe.

Chris/NU1O

W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2013, 05:32:29 PM »

They will not make HR during the expedition because in a given week there are not enough countries active.  HR requires one to wait for uninhabited islands and countries without amateurs to be activated.  In a given week the number of active entities is about 230 I believe.

Chris/NU1O

I believe there were a total of 295 or so active DXCCs last year. Too bad I didn't get a chance to work them all Cheesy

Jonathan W6GX
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2013, 05:48:20 PM »

Chris/NU1O

I believe there were a total of 295 or so active DXCCs last year. Too bad I didn't get a chance to work them all Cheesy

Jonathan W6GX

Maybe those numbers were true for last year but if they get approval to operate from NK they will be lucky if they can operate for a week, possibly two.  They will not make HR in one or two weeks.  Case closed!

NU1O/Chris
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: