Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eham Classifieds lack of response  (Read 1792 times)
KD0VEY

Ignore
« on: April 23, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »

I don't seem to be getting any responses from the emails I send regarding items listed in the Eham Classifieds section. Is there a problem I am not aware of? Is there a certain way to send emails so I get a response? Are many of the items sold the same day and the seller doesn't respond to further inquiries? Is my callsign too new (KD0VEY)? Are the scams so bad everyone is getting paranoid? I am including my phone number, etc. And just asking for more info. Once I even offered to pick up the item if we worked out a deal. I am not sending any offers, not low-balling, etc. I haven't been able to get to the point of sending money since no-one has responded. Any response to this will be appreciated. Sometimes I have felt like I am calling CQ and no-one ever answers.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 04:40:15 AM »

Basically, you are running into the same problem myself and many others are running into.  Lazy ass sellers that are too busy to delete their posting once the item has sold, or, doesn't really want to sell the item in the first place.  I can give you a listing of lids I have contacted over the past month asking about payment method, etc. and never hear back from these stooges.  I run into it more on Eham then anywhere else, so go figure.

Just a lack of common courtesy basically and a lethargic attitude about updating one's postings.  Afterall, it is too much work....Hi. Grin
W9CMG

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2013, 09:54:36 AM »

I had the same problem and then discovered that to email a seller the site uses Windows Live Mail. My Live Mail account wasn't configured
correctly and I found all my emails in the outbox. They never were sent,
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: