The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Icom IC-7300  (Read 1871 times)
KA4KOE

Ignore
« on: December 14, 2016, 06:07:29 AM »

I helped my brother get his IC-7300 on the air last Thursday. This rig is his "retirement radio" as he is finishing up 30 years teaching this year.

He is a relatively new ham and is also using a Heil iCM microphone. The audio quality is oustanding with this combo. I am a Flex user myself. That being said, for the price point, I'll repeat what others have said....give Icom their fair due. They have put out a cracker jack radio for the money. I had some good quality time with the radio and my bro; I still like both. I don't know what the exact sales numbers are, but one dealer alone had sold over 10K units. I can believe it. Try finding one now right before Christmas. Eric had to look awhile to find one that would ship immediately and not in early January.

Feeleep
KA4KOE
WT8WV

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 02:45:58 PM »

Glad to hear you like that radio.  It's on my "soon to purchase" list!  I bought the Heil 7 headset to use with it and can't wait to make the purchase in the spring.  I spoke to several 7300 users on the air and they seem to love it.  I have an Icom 761 that will be a back up eventually.  Am using a Ten Tec Jupiter right now until I get the 7300.  Would love to hear an update from you on your brother's experience once he gets used to it!  Thanks!

Spence  WT8WV
N6YFM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 05:10:43 PM »

I have an Icom 7300 sitting above my Yaesu FT-DX3000 rig.
The 7300 has become my favorite go-to rig.
I get really great audio reports for SSB xmit, and it also is a
real simple, stable, well performing pleasure on digital modes.

Amazing performer for the price.  You can't go wrong.

Neal
N2DTS

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 06:21:53 PM »

Lots on the air, I have not heard a bad one yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: