The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protective Covenants  (Read 19019 times)
KK5DR

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2015, 05:44:27 PM »

Signing all the contracts and agreements required to buy a home in an HOA, CC&R area and trying to put up visible antennas is akin to firing a gun off in a police station.
The only real solution to hamming in one of these Prisions without bars, is to be totally stealth. No visible antennas, no towers, not even visible feed lines, and never, ever tell anyone who lives there you are a ham. Do not show anyone your ham gear. Operate low power, late at night. Complete stealth. You may not like it, but it's the only way to not run afoul of the HOA cops and end up in court, or have a lean on your home.
All bets are off when they get RDF gear and hunt you down.
N7TEE

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2015, 07:19:25 AM »

Check for one other thing in the 59 pages.  That is the expiration date of the HOA's.  Most of them have it somewhere in the pages.

Dave
N7TEE
KG0DB

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2015, 04:45:13 PM »

Genius.  I'll look for that.
N6XJP

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2015, 03:34:37 PM »

I love KK5DRs comments about stealth ops.  That is exactly what the French Resistance did VERY effectively in WWII.  And in my development, that is exactly how I operate with complete impunity.  No one knows.  No one will know.  No one sees anything.  I cause no RF interference.  I have a 60 ft antenna using primary NVIS and occasional DX...all CW.  I do not have a Ham call sign on my license plate.  I am not here.  I don't exist on the radio....and I have about 234 QSL cards to prove it...oh, and I mail them from the P.O. ...not my local box.  And when the next storm hits...the next earthquake, the next dam burst...I'll switch to SSB and ask politely for help from someone in town. 
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: