Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: traveling from haines alaska to homer alaska.. any tips, freq's for vhf/uhf??,  (Read 1489 times)
WH6DUV

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2013, 12:22:53 PM »

hi all..

on friday i will be taking the alaskan ferry from bellingham to haines ak.. and driving from there to homer thru BC and YT..  any tips, suggestions freq's to program into my yaesu FT350 and VX-6 for both the ferry and the drive??

has anyone taken this route before??  any thoughts or ideas are welcome.. 

i hope i placed this into the proper forum..  also if you have ideas of where i should place this as well.. that's appreciated too.. thanks everyone and have a great day..

wh6duv
bob

K7MH

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2013, 09:56:10 PM »

I just scan the FM portion of 2 meters if I am traveling. I don't much bother with UHF when traveling.
W5FYI

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 01:32:22 AM »

Friday is cutting it close, but you will need the Ferry's captain's permission to transmit from his vessel, and it might be hard to get on such short notice. GL
WH6DUV

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2013, 02:03:07 AM »

Hi guys. Thank you for the suggestions. I will call the Alaskan ferry today and inquire about asking the captain permission.  And I'll set my handi on scan as well.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: