Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PSK31 & MMSSTV w/FT-1000MP  (Read 2005 times)
KB2RPJ

Ignore
« on: December 04, 2001, 07:07:59 PM »

Hi to all...I'd like to know if anyone can help me. I'm running a Yaesu FT-1000MP and would like to do PSK31 and SSTV with it. I used the headphone jack and a RIGblaster with my Icom 756. This is my first Yaesu radio ever. I understand that there is a "built-in" CAT interface. Is there any software or freeware that is available for download? Any help and advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. 73's and Happy Holidays to all!!
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2001, 08:57:10 PM »

MixW 2.0 has all the digital modes and CAT control.
http://tav.kiev.ua/~nick/mixw2/
The SSTV decode is very limited though on MixW 2.0.  I believe there is CAT control in MMSSTV but have never tried using that part of the program.  I have the SSTV frequencies in memory locations in my Icom 746.
NB6Z

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2001, 11:57:33 AM »

Yes, the MixW 2.0 is the best program for controlling the Yaesu and working digi modes in general! I have my FT-920/MixW setup with CAT and a few CAT Macros I wrote using the 920 opto codes found in the users manual. I can operate all modes, all bands and never touch the radio except to turn it on. I scan all HF digi bands looking for signals.
W9JCM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2001, 03:49:52 PM »

The other posts are correct get the mixw 2.0. I use the FT100MP, with the CAT. But dump the rigblaster if you are using the microphone. Use the rigs jacks in the back of the rig for a much better setup. And adjust the volume control on ur computer. Then all you have to do is click TX and away you go. Dont forget to watch that ALC keep it low adjust by the mic gain of course.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: