Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Still No Ammo  (Read 17078 times)
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2013, 01:13:50 PM »

Re:W8JX
   The sad fact is that it will never end as long as humans and ANY type weapon exist.It all started when Neanderthal man figured out what lethal damage a rock or sharpened stick could do.Modern day man has only(supposedly) improved on these basic weapons.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 01:25:18 PM by W1JKA » Logged
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: May 01, 2013, 03:02:57 PM »

The sad fact is that it will never end as long as humans and ANY type weapon exist.It all started when Neanderthal man figured out what lethal damage a rock or sharpened stick could do.Modern day man has only(supposedly) improved on these basic weapons.

True but these "accidents" are getting to be far more routine than even a few years ago. The more guns out there the more this is likely to happen. No easy answer you cannot depend on industry to police itself.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: May 01, 2013, 04:55:46 PM »

Yes,Accidents,with guns or other will continue to happen,just a fact of life more so as you say due to today's trend of lack of proper parental guidance in their children's formative years.My father and probably yours taught me the proper use of firearms,tools,cars etc.all of which are accidents waiting to happen in untrained hands,I seldom see much of this type of mentoring these days.Most people are aware of certain areas in the country that had previously high rates of gun related problems have now declined as much as 72% for an obvious reason of which the Guns for Cash program was not.

Industries' main purpose is production and profit,policing itself is usually the least of its priorities unless image or sales are compromised which for the current arms industry is certainly not the case.

As far as the government is concerned " Gun Control " is just the politically correct term for CONTROL of GUNS by the government (a lot of people have forgotten Adolf the Hun)  which simply translates into COMPLETE CONTROL of its citizens.I believe the Silent Majority is sitting on the sidelines and just waiting to see which way the pendulum swings.

You are correct,no easy answere.
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: May 01, 2013, 05:51:47 PM »

To me GUN CONTROL means being able to hit your target.
W1JKA

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: May 01, 2013, 06:24:36 PM »

Re:SWMAN

With that line of thinking does BIRTH CONTROL mean being able to shoot blank loads?

« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 06:29:12 PM by W1JKA » Logged
SWMAN

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: May 01, 2013, 07:53:56 PM »

Sure, why not !!
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2013, 05:53:47 AM »

I just read a 5 year old boy shot and killed his 2 year old sister in Kentucky with a 22 his dad bought him, a little cricket, made and marketed for little children. Is this because of the 5 year old's right to bear arms?  Guess he found ammo to give kid too. Where does it end?

"Parents had left rifle in a corner next to boy's BB gun and didn't realize it still had a shell in it" Guess the 5-year old just meant to "shoot her eye out."

Kathy Mosby... said the "whole community is behind the family," while Terry Riley, general manager of Don Franklin Auto, a car dealer, said, what happened "can happen to any of us."

Stephanie Robinson is a homemaker, and [husband] Sparks shoes horses..."

"can happen to any of us?"  My dad, who most definitely didn't shoe horses for a living, gave his kids gifts that included common sense. I eventually gave up asking him for a Red Ryder.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 05:56:40 AM by K0OD » Logged
W8JX

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2013, 07:07:34 AM »

"Parents had left rifle in a corner next to boy's BB gun and didn't realize it still had a shell in it" Guess the 5-year old just meant to "shoot her eye out."

It was a single shot gun, it must be reloaded after being shot. It is simple enough to load that a 5 year old could do it. The point is this was no accident, a adult left it accessible and should be held accountable. Granted they suffered the loss of a child but until we start holding adults accountable this will only get worse over time. I never left a loaded gun even to this day and always stored ammo separately too. BTW 5 years old is young for a BB gun let alone a 22.

--------------------------------------
All posted wireless using Win 8.1 RT, a Android tablet using 4G/LTE/WiFi or Sprint Note 3.
K0OD

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2013, 07:40:02 AM »

And a pink camo sniper rifle for lil' Susie's birthday:
http://www.ontargetgunsllc.com/uploads/3/0/2/6/3026097/4504148.jpg?436

When dad gives his 5-year old a firearm, it's an issue of rights and tradition. When he gives a BB gun, kept in "the corner," THAT's just plain moronic.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 07:42:32 AM by K0OD » Logged
K8AXW

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: May 02, 2013, 08:23:01 AM »

Yes,Accidents,with guns or other will continue to happen,just a fact of life more so as you say due to today's trend of lack of proper parental guidance in their children's formative years.My father and probably yours taught me the proper use of firearms,tools,cars etc.all of which are accidents waiting to happen in untrained hands,I seldom see much of this type of mentoring these days.Most people are aware of certain areas in the country that had previously high rates of gun related problems have now declined as much as 72% for an obvious reason of which the Guns for Cash program was not.

Industries' main purpose is production and profit,policing itself is usually the least of its priorities unless image or sales are compromised which for the current arms industry is certainly not the case.

As far as the government is concerned " Gun Control " is just the politically correct term for CONTROL of GUNS by the government (a lot of people have forgotten Adolf the Hun)  which simply translates into COMPLETE CONTROL of its citizens.I believe the Silent Majority is sitting on the sidelines and just waiting to see which way the pendulum swings.

You are correct,no easy answere.

JKA:  You pretty well summed it up there.  As for these gun accidents, Ron White pretty well summed that up.  He said, "You can't fix stupid!"

Pages: Prev 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: