Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Value of rare Datong CW keyboard?  (Read 2311 times)
K7NHB

Ignore
« on: April 26, 2013, 04:20:05 PM »

I have a Datong CW keyboard with manual. This allows keyboard cw without requiring a computer, smartphone, etc. It has the standard QWERTY key line up, plus some Pro-Signs and punctuation. There are four memories and auto-repeat. You can adjust the speed/weight/delay and speed goes from 5 to 33 wpm. There is a volume control for the monitor tone - which is too high for my hearing. The unit runs on batteries or DC supply. The top is a "membrane" cover rather than individual keys so nothing can spill in. There's an AF out but I couldn't get anything out of it. Long ago I might have googled that it was common for these units.  I want to sell it for a fair price for me and the buyer. Any idea what this is worth either to use or for the Collector?

Thank you and 73,
Paul
K7NHB
K7NHB

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 12:05:22 PM »

So many views and no replies - I figure in a few days I'll put this in the classified shipped to CONUSA for $85; need to list all the features from the manual. There is probably a Datong gear collector out there who would love to have it - or someone who wants to send CW via full size keyboard and need a computer.
Paul
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 12:07:23 PM by K7NHB » Logged
N0IU

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 05:53:53 PM »

With all due respect, I think you are dreaming if you think you will get $85 for it. Stand-alone CW keyboards are pretty much dinosaurs these days. Unless you are lucky enough to run into a collector of "vintage" gear who just has to have it to complete a collection, you might want to list it for $15 and consider yourself lucky if you get that much.

If there were people clamoring to have such an item, I think you would have heard something by now, especially with well over 600 viewings.

Sorry.
KG4RUL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 04:55:42 AM »

As they say on the Antiques Roadshow, just because it is rare does NOT mean it is valuable.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: