Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W8AMZ - Pathetic Service  (Read 43062 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »

Ah, Clayton... don't assume.  There is nothing 'eating' at me.  The plain and simple fact of the matter is that you had defend the guy because you got lucky.  Hundreds of others weren't so lucky in their dealings with him and his 'company.'  If hundreds say the color they see is red and only you and maybe one or two others say it's green, chances are you and them are color blind and the color is really red.  The only result is that people feel sorry for the men who are color blind--and so gullible.   Undecided  

You have a Happy New Year too.
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 31, 2013, 09:02:10 AM »

The plain and simple fact of the matter is that you had defend the guy because you got lucky. Hundreds of others weren't so lucky in their dealings with him and his 'company.'  

Very true. 

And some of Bernie Madoff's investors actually made money too, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a crook. 
AH6RR

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 31, 2013, 10:11:38 AM »

The plain and simple fact of the matter is that you had defend the guy because you got lucky. Hundreds of others weren't so lucky in their dealings with him and his 'company.'  

Very true. 

And some of Bernie Madoff's investors actually made money too, but that doesn't change the fact that he is a crook. 

And Martyn also used the same tactics when buying equipment too I know because he tried it on me but it did not work he wanted 1/2 his money back. I told him to pack up all the equipment and Ship it back at his expense and I would refund his money never heard from him again. All I can say is Clayton got very lucky I guess Martyn did not have time to swap parts around.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2013, 03:12:11 PM »

And Martyn also used the same tactics when buying equipment too I know because he tried it on me but it did not work he wanted 1/2 his money back. I told him to pack up all the equipment and Ship it back at his expense and I would refund his money never heard from him again. All I can say is Clayton got very lucky I guess Martyn did not have time to swap parts around.
[/quote]

Well I am for sure BLESSED & it appears the other(2)local hams who also made purchases from him at Dayton.I'll take those kind of odds being PERFECT in our cases.I hate that others may have been taken or purchased something that was not what they expected but I still see no reason to run ANYONE down who has done me no wrong? It's my money & I will continue to purchase items from him as long as I get what I paid for so spend your money with whomever you like as well & stop complaining how & where I spend mine! Martyn-K4TEC has done NOTHING to me that will change the way I deal with or feel about him.Happy New Year & I hope that 2014 is MUCH better for you than your 2013 because it appears that 2013 may not have been as much of a  joy for you as it was for me! If Martyn or anyone else does me wrong & does not make an HONEST attempt to correct it then I will post negative feedback against them at that time as I would expect that they would do should I also do them wrong which is FAIR for everyone involved. {:>)   Cheesy   Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2013, 05:59:01 PM »

You know, Clayton, you may be right on one thing--you got a good deal from Mr. Martyn.  BUT... for one thing--that 'deal' was made in person at a public venue.  He would be rather foolish to do any shady dealings at Dayton.  Knowing how some hams are, chances are that if he did he probably wouldn't have made it back to his home.  For another, no matter how 'good' your deals were with RadioMart, other hams deserve to know that that company has a record about shady dealings--and outright deceitful ones as well--that were not made 'in person.'  No matter if there are only good apples on the top of the barrel, its the ones beneath the top layer that have to be watched out for--and Mr. Martyn's particular barrel is about a hundred feet high.  

At last count there were three or four--maybe a very few more--honest and good deals from RadioMart--BUT dozens upon dozens upon dozens more of shady, bad and outright deceitful ones.

Now, to get back to that pathetic post you made.....

Well I hope everyone is happy now that W8AMZ is now a SILENT KEY.I posted several months ago that his health was VERY POOR & was causing issues beyond his control but some just kept complaining & running him into the ground! I'm sure it does not change many of your feelings about what you posted but it's for sure Tom is not caring what you post now.I'm happy I have the 160 meter Half Sloper & am happy he was able to assist me on the phone & by email several times until the issues were worked out.Prayers to his family,friends,& employees.RIP Tom

...there was no need for it--AT ALL--for it to be worded the way it was.  The plain and simple fact of the matter is that the people who posted here probably weren't aware of the gentleman's very precarious health situation, they were just aware he had health issues--from his site.  I'm sure this thread would have been very different if the serious nature of his condition was more widely known--but then again a company would be somewhat foolish to advertize that its proprietor was that ill.

The plain fact is that you and your pompous righteousness acted to shove your foot in your mouth--yet again.  Apologies are owed to people here and to Tom's family, sir, by YOU.  Have a pleasant day, now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 06:22:57 PM by K1CJS » Logged
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2014, 09:58:04 AM »

K1CJS:Your opinion AGAIN.Why don't you take care of any needed retractions or whatever you feel are needed because you are the expert & are perfect in every way.I'm sure everyone will be thrilled if you do it.I could care less if you are happy because it's not about you.Maybe you are getting some of that KARMA but I'm doing AWESOME & am VERY "HAPPY" with ALL of my deals & have NOT been ripped off.You should be more careful it appears because I think people may see you as weak so I think it's all your fault because of your own shortcomings.Shame that Tom-W8AMZ is a SK because he was a good Man who made a good product at a reasonable price.Happy New Year EVERYONE & may you all get a great deal on every transaction you make in 2014. {:>)   Wink

Clayton
W4KVW
N0YXB

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »

Happy New Year EVERYONE & may you all get a great deal on every transaction you make in 2014.
Clayton
W4KVW

I know I will, because I avoid known scammers and crooks.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2014, 10:39:51 PM »

Seems that you just don't get it, Clayton.  I never claimed perfection, but I didn't show gross insolence either--as you have.  And you're right--it isn't about me.  You've made it about YOU.  I'm done here, at least with you and your drivel.  Your continued baloney just isn't worth it.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 10:45:06 PM by K1CJS » Logged
VK2IFT

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2014, 02:50:51 AM »

Further to my post above (VK2IFT) regarding my dealings (or not) with W8AMZ Antennas I want to say this:
I had given up any thought of ever receiving my order I had placed in July 2013. Several days ago I logged into the W8AMZ website and read a note posted by Chris advising W8AMZ had stopped taking orders with the view of sorting out their back-order issues. I decided to send Chris a note reminding him of my dealings with Tom over the past 5 months. I really didn't expect to get any response. However Chris did respond with a very positive Email and advised my order had not shipped which he would now expedite and provided a USPS shipping ID.  He asked me to advise him when I received the delivery.
I also want to thank Mark K8HMZ for drawing to the attention of Chris my previous post regarding “Pathetic Service”.
I want to place on record that Chris seems very responsive and has demonstrated a positive approach to providing acceptable customer service which has no doubt suffered during Tom’s health issues. I advised Chris that on the strength of his response and actions that I would submit an appropriate eHam post to this forum, that I would do business again with W8AMZ and would recommend their products in future.  This I will do.
Hopefully Chris will get the customer service sorted and W8AMZ can continue to supply quality antenna products.
I look forward to finally receiving my antenna and I wish Chris and the W8AMZ business team well.
VK2IFT
KG7APT

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2014, 09:50:18 AM »

fyi...he had a series of strokes and died on 12/18/13 SK. Someone elce is apparently running the business.
VA3UT

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2014, 12:37:44 PM »

It seems a better idea to send order at his eBay shop than on his website, since very few costumers are complaining on eBay. Probably because on eBay sellers cannot afford having bad feedback and refunding requests for their business... ?

That seems to be true.  Mine was delivered fairly fast when I bought one from the eBay, however I cannot compare as I never ordered anything from his web site.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2014, 08:03:16 AM »

fyi...he had a series of strokes and died on 12/18/13 SK. Someone elce is apparently running the business.

If you had taken the time to read through this thread, you would see that that was already indicated.
Pages: Prev 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: