Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W8AMZ - Pathetic Service  (Read 48641 times)
W3QT

Ignore
« on: April 29, 2013, 05:55:08 AM »

I don't like to give negative feedback to vendors unless I feel they've really gone out of their way to be negligent .  W8AMZ antenna products has earned a few such words based on my experience.  I ordered an antenna on their web site and nine days later had heard nothing from them, not even a confirmation of the order, so I dropped them an email.  Two days later I received a reply and a somewhat lame excuse with the promise that it would be looked into.  Several days go by again with no further response, so anticipating that I might be out the antenna cost, I opened a claim through PayPal.  They responded again with the promise that it would be rectified.  I waited a few days, again, and no response, so I escalated the claim through PayPal and received a refund.  Maybe some others' experiences have been different with this company, but mine was lousy.  How long should it take to fill an order with a prefabricated product after two email promises of action?  At the same time that I ordered this antenna I also ordered an ERC-M-USB rotator controller kit from Germany and had it in less than a week!  Count me as one customer who won't make the mistake of going back to W8AMZ again.
KE7EYX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2013, 08:05:25 AM »

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with w8amz.  I bought 2 antennas from him about 2 yrs ago and had a similar problem, never received an email saying they shipped. Contacted and later got things figured out.  Everyone says they had excellent service with so and so then one guy just so happens to have a bad encounter.   When it comes to companies or individuals running a business, customer service has gone way down from what it used to be....contact them about an order and the just toss you to the wolves out back. Seldom have found a customer service person that goes above and beyond to make sure your happy with the product or will look into the problem if pending shipping.
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 11:45:44 AM »

I have the W8AMZ 160 meter Half Sloper & had some issues with RF & had no issues with his communications with me.The 160 meter Half Sloper also works AWESOME & I would buy another one in a minute if I needed another one.All of my local ham buddies are shocked how well it works as well.  Grin

Clayton
W4KVW
K7LA

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2013, 09:05:27 PM »

Sorry you're having issues with this vendor.  I can only report my experience which was very positive.  Last Year ordered an antenna through the W8AMZ eBay store and received the antenna via US Mail in three days.  Absolutely no complaints here.
KA7NIQ

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 07:59:45 PM »

Sorry you're having issues with this vendor.  I can only report my experience which was very positive.  Last Year ordered an antenna through the W8AMZ eBay store and received the antenna via US Mail in three days.  Absolutely no complaints here.
I have ordered from W8AMZ twice, once off of Ebay, got the antenna in 4 days, then once when I need a custom (40 and 80 meter fan dipole). It had to be made special for me, and I had it in 14 days!

VA2PBJ

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 12:32:58 PM »

I ordered a 40m OCF on May 9 on EBay and it got here may 21. Note that I am in Canada, and this is a reasonable ship time for post. Build is good and I hope to sling it tonight, if the rain clears up.

I noticed the package wreaked of pvc glue when I opened it up. That new-car-smell for pvc. I suspect they make-on-order. If there were delays, there could be a shortage of widgets to make them.

7 3 Peter VA2PBJ
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 06:46:55 PM »

Just an FYI.I was told by one of his vendors at DAYTON "HAMVENTION" last week that Sherwood-W8AMZ is having some serious health issues.I do NOT know if this is true just relaying what I was told & I was discussing how HAPPY I am with my W8AMZ 160 meter 1/2 sloper when he mentioned the health issue to me. Smiley

Clayton
W4KVW
KB8BWZ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 11:16:22 AM »

I have never posted negative feedback on Ebay, and hesitate to complain about slow shipping.  I placed an order with W8AMZ on April 20.  I have still not received it June 18.  I have spoken to Tom on the phone and was hopeful my order would be shipped, sent him receipts from Paypal, etc.  Nothing.  The day before my 45 day deadline I file with Paypal for a refund for non-delivery and have not heard anything yet.  I have been trying to get back on the air after a many year hiatus and am very disappointed that my order for an antenna has been so badly handled.  If he is having health problems, tell me. I am rather understanding.  But to not deliver and ignore phone and email, I have little tolerance.

Dave
KB8BWZ
LZ3VD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 05:58:45 AM »

Hi all! I would like also to share my bad experience with this company. I ordered 2 of the W8AMZ antennas. I did not hear from them for 3 weeks, at which point I emailed Tom. He replied that he will "look into it" and then nothing again for another 10 days. I knew that something is not right and claimed my money back from PayPal. I will advise anyone dealing with this company to pay through PayPal or risk to lose their money. Very disappointed after reading all the positive reviews from the product reviews pages. I currently operate from Singapore and my callsign is 9V1BK.

Vassil
VA7KN

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2013, 03:17:53 PM »

I ordered an antenna on June 10 and have not received anything
I sent two emails to Tom but no reply
Does anyone know if he is well enough to continue the business?
K3MQ

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2013, 06:27:07 PM »

Same experience as W3QT. Ordered a dipole antenna and paid via PayPal. Receive payment confirmation from Paypal, but nothing from W8AMZ. Sent an email to him a few days later asking if he had received my order. Nothing. Sent another email a few days later. Nothing. This went on for several weeks to the point I was going to file a complaint and stop payment with Paypal about W8AMZ. After about 3 weeks I received the antenna in the mail.

The antenna is of good quality, but the service was terrible. How long does it take to send a canned confirmation email back to a buyer? This guy makes a decent antenna but has no clue about business or customer satisfaction. I would never even consider ordering from him again.
F1RAF

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2013, 02:54:16 AM »

Hi there, I should have read that thread before I order instead of just reading the positive feedbacks in the reviews section Sad
I ordered for 3 dipoles on july 9th 2013 and paid via Paypal. Today july 22nd, still no news about that order though I wrote 2 polite and unanswered emails. I needed those dipoles for field days activity during august, and I am now sure I won't get them. Not answering is really the worse thing Tom could do, I would have understand any apologizes about late shipping but I feel really suspicious now that guy is not honest.
F1RAF

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 22, 2013, 06:26:14 AM »

Hi there, I should have read that thread before I order instead of just reading the positive feedbacks in the reviews section Sad
I ordered for 3 dipoles on july 9th 2013 and paid via Paypal. Today july 22nd, still no news about that order though I wrote 2 polite and unanswered emails. I needed those dipoles for field days activity during august, and I am now sure I won't get them. Not answering is really the worse thing Tom could do, I would have understood any apologizes about late shipping but I feel really suspicious now that guy is not honest.
F1RAF

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2013, 03:56:48 AM »

It seems a better idea to send order at his eBay shop than on his website, since very few costumers are complaining on eBay. Probably because on eBay sellers cannot afford having bad feedback and refunding requests for their business... ?
W8ARC

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2013, 05:06:22 AM »

I ordered an antenna and got it within a week. No problems here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: