Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: W8AMZ - Pathetic Service  (Read 41987 times)
F1RAF

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2013, 05:15:00 AM »

@W8ARC Thank's for this info. Did you order it through eBay shop or W8AMZ website ? Have you done it recently ?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:47:34 AM by F1RAF » Logged
W8ARC

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2013, 07:03:29 AM »

@W8ARC Thank's for this info. Did you order it through eBay shop or W8AMZ website ? Have you done it recently ?

I ordered it through the w8amz website a little over a week ago.
K8ALM

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 09:08:48 AM »

I placed an order via their website this past Monday (8/5/13).  Promptly received an order confirmation and shipping email.  I expect it to arrive today or tomorrow via USPS.
F1RAF

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 11:33:06 PM »

I eventually received my package yesterday (30 days after ordering). After 3 emails sent and one phone call over 2 weeks without any news,  Tom answered me and said he will look after my order. He sent it 10 days later (so 21 days after ordering). No idea why it took such a long time with me and some others. He is probably alone to manage everything.
VK2IFT

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2013, 10:06:14 PM »

I ordered an OCF antenna online from the W8AMZ web site in July 2013. Payment was made via PayPal. PayPal notified me that the transaction was finalized at the end of July 2013. As of today (2nd Oct 2013) I have not received any antenna or any indications when it would be shipped. I did get some notice (3rd Sept 2013)that W8AMZ had found my order after various Email inquiries re order status and (he) would advise a shipping status that day. Since then I have received no subsequent advice or response to any number of Emails sent by me requesting follow up information re shipping. This is very frustrating. It seems customer initiated requests on order status disappear into a "black hole". I have canvassed the experience of other hams who have recently placed orders with W8AMZ which varies from prompt delivery to many experiences/difficulties similar to mine. If W8AMZ is having any problems for whatever reasons, I am happy to wait providing I have some indication on order fulfillment progress. I would dearly love to post a good review of the antenna but I am afraid given the above experience I will have great difficulty in doing so. Buyers be aware. 
F1RAF

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 06:51:53 AM »

@VK2IFT

I agree with you. Things went faster when I said I shall ask for a Paypal refunding... I have the feeling that foreign orders are sometimes kept on the side... rather than W8 orders Wink
After sale communication is poor too...
W3DDF

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 01:41:53 PM »

I have also had a very bad experience with W8AMZ Amateur Radio Products.  I placed an order on Oct 12.  I received no confirmation email.  I emailed him several times and none were answered.  I called him up two weeks later and he said that the order had shipped on Oct 18.  Come to find out it did not. He then said it would ship no later than Oct 29.  Now I receive a USPS tracking confirmation that it was shipped on Oct 31.  It will be over three weeks to receive this antenna. If I had read any of the other messages about the slow shipping of this company I would not have ordered the antenna.   Also do not email him as he told me that he does not have time to read and answer email messages.  I am very disappointed in his shipping and non communication methods.  I will not be ordering from him again.
VK2IFT

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2013, 08:17:53 PM »

My final comments regarding W8AMZ and his pathetic service. See my post above (VK2IFT). My order was placed in July 2013 and as of this date December 2013 I have not received my order. I have made contact with W8AMZ on several occasions and was assured he would attend to the delivery. The last contact was a phone call where he apologized and indicated the delivery had gone astray and that he would claim the lost item on insurance and immediately ship a replacement. That was over 1 month ago. I had given him the benefit of the doubt in good faith from the start of this transaction over some health issues he was experiencing at the time which he had advised on his Website. As a result of this I allowed the PayPal 45 day refund time to expired expire. I am of the view that W8AMZ is a very dodgy character indeed. I would not recommend anybody doing business with him unless you are prepared to lose your money. My suggestion would be to donate to a charity rather than to W8AMZ, you would no doubt feel much better for the experience.
VK2IFT
K8MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2013, 08:22:48 AM »

It is with great sadness that my good friend Tom, W8AMZ became a silent key this morning.

He has been ill for quite some time.  I have no news about what is going to happen to his business.  Tom left a wife and kids, and it's going to be a rough holiday season for them.

Please, all of you, I ask for some patience on your part. 

Thank you,

Mark K8MHZ
K8MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2013, 10:15:07 AM »

I just got off the phone with one of W8AMZ's employees.

They are not taking any new orders until further notice.  First, a few days for the family, then an attempt will be made to get all the orders caught up.  Once all the backlog is successfully addressed, the shop will open back up and start taking new orders.

Tom's father is stepping in to help at the helm. 

The site is still up.  W8AMZ.com   The phone is still being answered, but again, no new orders will be taken.

Thank you for your patience.  I was asked to apologize to all that have had problems with getting their orders and to let you know that getting those orders filled will be taking priority.

Mark K8MHZ
W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2013, 06:53:17 PM »

Well I hope everyone is happy now that W8AMZ is now a SILENT KEY.I posted several months ago that his health was VERY POOR & was causing issues beyond his control but some just kept complaining & running him into the ground! I'm sure it does not change many of your feelings about what you posted but it's for sure Tom is not caring what you post now.I'm happy I have the 160 meter Half Sloper & am happy he was able to assist me on the phone & by email several times until the issues were worked out.Prayers to his family,friends,& employees.RIP Tom

Clayton
W4KVW 
W4WXT

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2013, 01:50:14 AM »

Really Clayton? You honestly think everyone would be happy about this news? I assure you NOBODY is happy with someones passing! As far as the business goes? It should have either been tended to, or closed temporarily. As far as your post you made? It was hearsay info at best with no follow up to see if it was even factual info. Here is what you said;

RE: W8AMZ - Pathetic Service
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2013, 08:46:55 PM »
Reply with quoteQuote
Just an FYI.I was told by one of his vendors at DAYTON "HAMVENTION" last week that Sherwood-W8AMZ is having some serious health issues.I do NOT know if this is true just relaying what I was told & I was discussing how HAPPY I am with my W8AMZ 160 meter 1/2 sloper when he mentioned the health issue to me. Smiley

Clayton
W4KVW

You posted NOTHING about his health other than something you heard from a vendor @ a hamfest. Is everyone sad that the ham community has another SK? Of course we are. But your posting above goes beyond apathetic drama to say the least.
K1CJS

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2013, 07:29:41 AM »

I've got to agree with Bob on this one.  On the other hand, it has to be remembered that Clayton also defends RadioMart and it's proprietor.  Obviously his opinion and statements have to be taken with a grain of salt.
NK6Q

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2013, 06:59:20 PM »

Very sorry to hear of Tom's passing.  I spoke with him by phone when purchasing my G5RV from him about two years ago.  He seemed a very stand-up guy and I was pleased with the promptness of delivery and the antenna's performance.

I recently put in an order via Ebay for his ZS6BKW and received an email with confirmation of shipping and tracking info.  It appears that Tom's associates are stepping in quite well. 

Again, my condolences to his family and friends.

Bill in Pasadena, NK6Q

W4KVW

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 06:13:38 PM »

I've got to agree with Bob on this one.  On the other hand, it has to be remembered that Clayton also defends RadioMart and it's proprietor.  Obviously his opinion and statements have to be taken with a grain of salt.

Kind of like each breath of air you take? That would leave you with a high salt intake.It kills you when someone gets good service from a company that you have not & you just can't swallow that grain of salt.That is what is eating at you but until you take in that last grain of salt I'm guessing you never will.Why don't you just admit that & then maybe that will make you feel better & stop being so bitter & such a cry baby or at least get someone to change that dirty diaper for you & things may just start smelling better for you! I know it will shock you but ALL of these rigs I purchased from RadioMart at Dayton Hamvention are still working 100% just like on day one! Lay off the salt & try something a little sweeter it may get that sour look off of your face as well.Happy New Year now you hear!  {:>)

Clayton
W4KVW
Pages: Prev 1 [2] 3 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: