Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Zone 22 !  (Read 3188 times)
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2013, 10:59:22 AM »

I have all 40 zones confirmed but LoTW is not good for WAZ yet, so I'm waiting.
You could be waiting a while. Which zones do you still need confirmed? I'm betting you can get many of them via eQSL (which *are* good for WAZ).

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2013, 12:37:30 PM »

I have 38 zones in eQSL.

I need 29 and 34 in eQSL. I may have them on paper cards though.
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2013, 02:38:13 PM »

I have 38 zones in eQSL.

Remember that any eQSL hits need to be AG to count. Zone 29, there are plenty of VK6s out there and you could probably get a card out of one of them in a couple weeks. I thought you had Cocos-Keeling confirmed on paper as well. For Zone 34, ST0R would do the trick; surprised you don't have anything from Egypt or Sudan on paper. Didn't you also work 5A7A a few years ago for Z34?

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
Night gathers and now my watch begins. It shall not end until I reach Top of the Honor Roll.
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2013, 02:54:04 PM »

N2RJ - Well damn..  that sets me back 4 zones  Grin

I thought LOTW was qualified for WAZ.   I see that CQ just got Worked Prefixes going with LOTW in July 2012.   They are working with LOTW on more awards tied together.

I see a setting in DXKeeper on whether to include LOTW in WAZ... .time to remove it.

I'll just need to send out some more cards.   I have about 40 out in there now.   I enjoy getting them in the mail etc.

NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2013, 02:57:08 PM »

I found the CQ Awards interface on the eQSL web site to be essentially useless, and ended up requesting a paper card for a QSO in a zone I need confirmed for one of the single band single mode WAZ awards.

Chuck  NI0C
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2013, 03:00:11 PM »

WH7DX wrote:
I thought LOTW was qualified for WAZ.   I see that CQ just got Worked Prefixes going with LOTW in July 2012.   They are working with LOTW on more awards tied together.

I contacted CQ WAZ manager Floyd, N5FG, just few weeks ago concerning LoTW credit for WAZ, and he said: "Not yet."

Chuck  NI0C
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2013, 04:26:18 PM »

I found the CQ Awards interface on the eQSL web site to be essentially useless, and ended up requesting a paper card for a QSO in a zone I need confirmed for one of the single band single mode WAZ awards.

So long as the station in question is A.G status all you nee to do is print out the "QSL" and bring it to the checkpoint or send it in to Floyd. No fuss needed. In my latest update to my 5B (going to 195), I think a half-dozen were just printouts from eQSL on my colour printer. They were accepted without a problem.

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 06:20:44 PM »

W2IRT wrote:
So long as the station in question is A.G status all you nee to do is print out the "QSL" and bring it to the checkpoint or send it in to Floyd. No fuss needed. In my latest update to my 5B (going to 195), I think a half-dozen were just printouts from eQSL on my colour printer. They were accepted without a problem.

Very interesting, Peter. I'll keep that in mind just in case I have trouble getting a paper QSL.  Thanks for the information!  Will look for you at Dayton.  We met there a few years back.

Chuck  NI0C
W2IRT

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 06:29:42 PM »

W2IRT wrote:

Very interesting, Peter. I'll keep that in mind just in case I have trouble getting a paper QSL.  Thanks for the information!  Will look for you at Dayton.  We met there a few years back.

I'll be there for sure. Follow the aroma of premium hand-rolled cigar smoke around the flea market if it's nice out on Friday afternoon or Saturday noontime. I'll be at the DX dinner on Friday night, the Contesters dinner on Saturday and checking cards for DXCC at some point on Saturday, when I'm too tired from wandering around Grin

www.facebook.com/W2IRT
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 07:04:53 PM »

I have 38 zones in eQSL.

Remember that any eQSL hits need to be AG to count. Zone 29, there are plenty of VK6s out there and you could probably get a card out of one of them in a couple weeks. I thought you had Cocos-Keeling confirmed on paper as well. For Zone 34, ST0R would do the trick; surprised you don't have anything from Egypt or Sudan on paper. Didn't you also work 5A7A a few years ago for Z34?

Yeah I know about AG. I actually used the CQ awards system already for my WPX award so I'm familiar with the ins and outs. All of the 38 zones are from AG eQSLers.

As I said I know I may have them on paper. I was 99% sure but being at work I did not have the cards in hand so I couldn't check. It was just off the top of my head, but I do actually have them. I know I definitely have VK9AA, ST0R and SU9VB so those zones are fine.

I did not work 5A7A from my home call. I was away in 9Y at the time and worked them during CQWW CW in 06.

But the point was that I have 40 zones confirmed on LoTW but I don't feel like fussing with paper cards yet. I know you can check them but maybe I'll just bring them along when I have more cards to check for DXCC. If they turn up LoTW for WAZ, great, I'll just apply there. The next time I'm going to do a DXCC app is when I either hit 300 countries, 5 band or challenge, all of which should happen this year. But I'm really in no rush.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 07:07:11 PM by N2RJ » Logged
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 07:11:25 PM »

The last time I did an app with eQSL I didn't have to print out anything. They have an awards interface which emails your confirmations to the awards manager. You need a bronze membership with eQSL which is a whopping $5 per year. That's how I got my WPX award. I had to do it a few times due to the timeout on the webserver causing my QSOs not to be processed in one shot. I had to do it 3 times to get all of them. You'd think with web 2.0 and AJAX they could do it better. But it is what it is, I guess.

But Steve N8BJQ confirmed everything, and I paid with PayPal and some weeks later CQ mailed my certificate. I even got a discount on the fees for having a (digital) subscription to CQ.
NI0C

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 08:06:20 PM »

N2RJ wrote:
The last time I did an app with eQSL I didn't have to print out anything. They have an awards interface which emails your confirmations to the awards manager. You need a bronze membership with eQSL which is a whopping $5 per year.

I've had the Bronze eQSL membership for several years, and I know about the interface.  My point was the eQSL interface does not work correctly for the single band/mode WAZ.  Peter, W2IRT, pointed out that it isn't necessary to use the interface.

I'm less than favorably impressed with eQSL.

Chuck  NI0C
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2013, 07:39:39 AM »

N2RJ wrote:
The last time I did an app with eQSL I didn't have to print out anything. They have an awards interface which emails your confirmations to the awards manager. You need a bronze membership with eQSL which is a whopping $5 per year.

I've had the Bronze eQSL membership for several years, and I know about the interface.  My point was the eQSL interface does not work correctly for the single band/mode WAZ.  Peter, W2IRT, pointed out that it isn't necessary to use the interface.

I'm less than favorably impressed with eQSL.

Chuck  NI0C

Me too which is why I would rather do LoTW.
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: