Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Overdriving" Digipan's Waterfall  (Read 7182 times)
KC2CAG

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2001, 04:55:09 PM »

I recently connected my PC to my IC-735 via a Tigertronics Signalink interface.  I chose to use Digipan for PSK31 communications.

All seems to work well unless I attempt to use a Digipan toolbar option such as "clear receive."  As soon as I hit the software button, it appears that I "overdrive" the sound card input and get a nice, bright yellow waterfall.  Switching from receive to transmit, briefly, returns me to a regular blue-speckled waterfall, and I can carry on a QSO until the next time I try to "clear receive"

Any idea if this is a Digipan issue, a Signalink issue or Huh and how I might cure it?

TIA
KC2CAG
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2002, 01:04:34 PM »

Try using another software like Hamscope: http://users.mesatop.com/~ghansen/
to see if it is a software problem, it will do PSK31, MFSK16 and RTTY.
NB6Z

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2002, 07:07:28 PM »

My copy of DigiPan 1.5 does not have a "clear receive" function. Clear TX, Clear All and Clear current window is available. It is a good program for PSK31, so you might try to find that version if you can not solve the problem.
KC2CAG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2002, 08:27:54 PM »

Thanks, guys.  I do have Hamscope, and also the latest (?) Digipan 1.5.  My mistake:  My Digipan has "Clear TX, Clear All and Clear current window" and not "Clear receive."  Sorry for the error

The problem I continue to have with Digipan is that whenver I access any of the top toolbar (?) functions  (including configure, options, clear, etc,) the display goes yellow, and I can only reset by briefly transmitting.

My brief experience with Hamscope is that when I also access the top toolbar functions, such as "clear RCV," the display also goes into "overdrive" and tells me to reduce audio levels, and it locks up the spectrum display.  I can also clear this by briefly transmitting.
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2002, 08:39:40 AM »

Try unplugging the Tigertronics Signalink interface, go into a transmit mode with DigiPan, type some text or run a macro then back to receive and see if the overload problem is still there.  It sounds like something is not switching back in the receive mode.  Maybe the AGC on the rig is being toggled off somehow.  If I turn my rig AGC off,  with the RF gain full on, my waterfall has the same effect as your problem, all yellow.

KB9UMT

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2002, 07:39:36 AM »

Hi Tia:

I am going to go way out here since I have no idea why your screen would do that ...and on more than one program even...humm...seems like if the program was curpt somehow maybe from the download and installation that it would just be the one program having the problems.

So..what I am going to guess at the one thing these all have in common as you describe your situation....when you are "selecting" something from the menu (or top of the screen) you are getting this wierd display or error.  So lets look at what happens when you select something with your mouse on your computer. If you are not using any digital programs for you radio and you are in just regular computer mode if you will and you have the desktop up and in front of you when you click on something does it make any sounds???  So in other words is the select function associated with a sound?

try this and see:
1. go to the bottom of your screen..hit "start"
2. when the menu pops upward then select "settings"
3. then choose "control panel"
4. now look for your "sounds" icon or speaker here
5. open or double click on it and a sounds properties box will appear....scroll down under "events" and find the "select" and see if there is a sound associated with the select function..if so then clear it or chose none for it and then save or hit "ok" at the very bottom.

Now go back to the Digipan or ditial programs and see if that might fix the problem.

This is a far out guess but not sure what you got gonig there...would like more detail for sure.

73 de kb9umt Don
KB9UMT

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2002, 10:32:28 AM »

Sorry:

I was at work with my first response and now that I am home I tried to recreate what I thought might be something with the sound...is NOT valid so sorry wish we could help you out.  I would say if you might have a friend or someone that could bring over another computer or laptop and see if everything works fine on it.  73 Don kb9umt
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: