Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FT-100D Mic & Buc RASCAL  (Read 1606 times)
N7XB

Ignore
« on: December 31, 2001, 02:45:58 AM »

A variation of my previous post . . . does anyone know whether the RASCAL units from Buc permit the mic to override the interface unit? I'm considering the RASCAL unit that connects to the FT-100's data mini-din jack, which would allow the mic to remain connected to the radio. However, I cannot get a straight answer if the mic will be "hot" (open) when the serial port opens the PTT at the interface.

I e-mailed Buc Co. with this question, but got an answer that frankly wasn't clear. So I'm turning to you guys . . .

TNX de N7XB
brmccain@teleport.com
K0HZI

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2002, 01:30:00 PM »

I do not own a FT-100D, but I have a Icom 746 that I use with the RASCAL interface, the mike is "dead" when I use the accessory input on the rig.  If the FT-100D is like most other rigs then the mike would be "dead" if you use the data plug mini-din jack for keying "data" modes.
VK4VP

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2002, 05:49:37 AM »

Page 20 of the manual about halfway down says that you do not need to disconect the mic when using PTT from the data jack.  Hope this answers your question.

Regards  Gordon VK4VP
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: