Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HRD and the TT Orion  (Read 2012 times)
W7ARX

Ignore
« on: May 01, 2013, 08:17:11 AM »

Anyone using HRD on the TT Orion and if so, are you running it from the USB on the Computer or RS232 DB9 off the computer?
Can't get the TT to talk to the computer (and vice versa) but someone mentioned you might have to use the USB port?

Appreciate any info.
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 12:07:17 PM »

I've run my Orion II with both a USB/serial converter and a real serial port with a number of PC programs (DXLab, N1MM, N4PY, etc.) without problem.  The only time I've run into a problem was with the Tentec supplied firmware upgrade program and that would function properly on my PC only with a real serial port.
KA4POL

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 09:40:29 PM »

There are lots of clones for USB/Serial converters on the market. It is a matter of trial and error to find a useable one.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 11:06:55 AM »

But what doesn't make sense, is I can interconnect a Kenwood, ICOM, Yaesu to the computer Serial port and each and every time, HRD will take control of the radio, just not connect/talk to the TT, even with auto detect on the port and port speed.  I am going to try a USB port next just to see if by some wierd chance, that sees the TT.
N4UW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 06:09:21 PM »

You didn't mention what version of HRD you are using, but this is a known bug in version 5 and the first version 6 release; it was fixed in the latest version 6.

Try connecting with Eagle as the radio selection first. If it connects, close that connection, restart HRD, and then create a new connection with Orion as the selected radio. You might have to do this a time or two...Once the connection is established with Orion as the selected radio, it should connect OK on each restart of HRD.

Good luck!

73, N4UW
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 06:48:13 PM »

I have version 4 and Eagle isn't a selection.  I tried the RX and it didn't work either, auto detect on Baud (only one speed anyway) and auto detect on Port (only a COm Port 1) didnt' work either.
W7ARX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2013, 04:57:26 PM »

Well, master reset, NADA.  I have to suspect a bad RS232 port on the radio (never had anything like that before).  Can't imagine how that ever came to be.  Computer connects to other radios, same port, HRD, without issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: