About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: VU7KV  (Read 12429 times)
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: May 07, 2013, 07:07:50 PM »

The government is a bit sensitive about any radio in VU7 and VU4. Both are sensitive locations.
In todays world of cellphones and satellite phones, i think it is unfounded, but i cannot
expect old ways to change fast enough and one can only try to find a way through the maze
to make things happen.

I'm curious--what is the reason for the sensitivity?

They are tribal areas.
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: May 07, 2013, 07:09:31 PM »

Krish, how hard is it for a PIO card holder to get landing permission? I am in the process of obtaining one and was wondering how hard it would be for me to visit those areas. Not necessarily for radio, but just to look around. Is it any different from Indian citizens? I was told that PIO/OCI etc were treated like regular foreigners and had to get a regular restricted area permit versus an inner line permit.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:12:51 PM by N2RJ » Logged
WG5G

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: May 08, 2013, 04:42:47 PM »

Good evening all, just wanted to congradulate Tom & Johnathan on the ATNO, no joy here, did hear Krish s7 Sunday morning on 20 lp but couldnt get thru the pileup, You gentlemen on the east coast are indeed lucky as Krish was s3 at best sp when all of the east coast were reporting s9 to s9+ signals, well I read now we will have a double peak this cycle, hope VU4 & VU7 are planned for the near future  as I still consider myself along with many others THE DESERVINg,By the way Krish you did do a great job, maybe next time. 73 Dan, WG5G.
W4VKU

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: May 08, 2013, 07:31:34 PM »

Hi Dan,
 yea, need a big team with firepower to handle the demand.

Ryan, they will treat PIO/OCI as foreigners, since they will go by the passport.

There are atleast 4 islands i think you can visit. You can go to Agatti, Bangaram, Kadamat and
Minicoy for a visit.

But i love 8Q7 for the facilities Smiley

Krish
w4vku
W5RDW

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2013, 08:46:28 PM »

Nice to hear him this morning on 20M coming thru on LP. I worked him, but so far, not in the on-line log. He has been only a faint weak signal ever since he arrived there.

Hopefully, I will show up eventually! Anyway, it was exciting just to hear him from there!

Just got his confirmation on LOTW! Happy days!

Roger White W5RDW
Murphy, TX
Ham since 1961
W6GX

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2013, 09:56:27 PM »

Mine is there too.  Very good news indeed.  Now if someone wants to go to VU4 that will be icing on the cake Grin

Jonathan W6GX

Nice to hear him this morning on 20M coming thru on LP. I worked him, but so far, not in the on-line log. He has been only a faint weak signal ever since he arrived there.

Hopefully, I will show up eventually! Anyway, it was exciting just to hear him from there!

Just got his confirmation on LOTW! Happy days!
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: June 06, 2013, 07:32:54 AM »

It has been approved for DXCC by the DXCC desk.
IK0OZD

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: October 21, 2013, 11:38:03 PM »

today vu7kv qsl is on lotw
very tnx !
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: