Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pakistan  (Read 2067 times)
N5MOA

Ignore
« on: February 18, 2014, 06:13:51 AM »

Whoever it was needing Pakistan, AP2TN is on 12m cw, 24.890.6 (14:12UTC) with a decent signal.

He hasn't been spotted by NA yet, other than W3LPL.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2014, 06:30:59 AM »

He was there until a taco eater came on and started sending Vs and his call.  DSOB Angry

Hard to believe jammers go after a single station. Ah, well....... its a beautiful sunny and warm day in Florida. I will just forget it.
Gene AF3Y
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 06:40:20 AM »

He was there until a taco eater came on and started sending Vs and his call.  DSOB Angry

Hard to believe jammers go after a single station. Ah, well....... its a beautiful sunny and warm day in Florida. I will just forget it.
Gene AF3Y

Yeah, his pileup went to crap after the first NA spot, one of the reasons I finally quit spotting. After tapering off spotting last year, hearing what went on with FT5ZM after a spot...........

He has been on 12m the last couple of mornings, Gene. I can't hear him until about 13:00 or so.

He was louder today, but is fading now. You might camp out tomorrow and cross your fingers he shows up again.

Good luck.

73, Tom
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 09:56:36 AM »

Thanks Tom...... I actually had been listening for him for a while, a week or two ago, and then he did not show up for a while.  I will try again.  His signal has not been great when he was there. Sad

73, Gene AF3Y
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 10:02:54 AM »

Gene AF3Y

Yeah, his pileup went to crap after the first NA spot, one of the reasons I finally quit spotting. After tapering off spotting last year, hearing what went on with FT5ZM after a spot...........

It seems the last few months every semi rare DX spot has resulted in tuners, jammers, and the rest of the assorted crap that occurs. The vast majority of spots are a result of those $#&!* that seen to have the need to announce to the rest of the world on the DX cluster they have worked DX and ruin it for everybody that follows, and then there are the robots like W3LPL that ruin it for everybody.
The good news is it directs the tuners, jammers, and lids to a DX station and you know to go somewhere else.
AJ7G

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 06:17:22 PM »

AP2TN has been operating on a few bands here lately.  Tariq is a good operator plus he uses a German QSL manager who is very good and responsive.  Worked Tariq on Jan 17th, emailed his manager for CFM and the turnaround was about 3 weeks on getting his card back.

Randy AJ7G
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2014, 05:39:04 AM »

Spotted this morning on 12M CW at 1320.  I turned the rig on, but he was gone again at 1330Z.  Seems as if he makes a few QSOs and then goes QRT.  Guess he does not like the pileups. I don't blame him Grin.  I have never seen him working split, which would help him a little.

I sure do need that one......... Roll Eyes

73, Gene AF3Y
KB2FCV

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2014, 06:40:12 AM »

I have yet to work/hear AP2TN. I have worked Ijaz AP2IA before but it's been difficult trying to get a paper QSL. I am fortunate to have him confirmed in LoTW. I'm hoping to work AP2TN so I can get a paper QSL (I like having at least 1 paper QSL per entity I've worked).
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2014, 06:48:15 AM »

Spotted this morning on 12M CW at 1320.  I turned the rig on, but he was gone again at 1330Z.  Seems as if he makes a few QSOs and then goes QRT.  Guess he does not like the pileups. I don't blame him Grin.  I have never seen him working split, which would help him a little.

73, Gene AF3Y

Tell you what Gene, I'll trade one of my AP Q's I have for your Mt. Athos with Monk Apollo Smiley I know what you mean by having one of those tough ones you really need but just seems to slip through your fingers. I'm sure you will work them if you are persistent and don't give up.

John K7KB
N5MOA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2014, 08:36:32 AM »

73, Gene AF3Y

He was spotted from 13:04-14:21 on 12m.

I didn't hear him from the mobile (had a few minutes around 13:00 to listen, band stinks today), but the other times I've heard him, he tends to pause for a bit and come back.

So, if you do hear him, Gene, you might stick around for a bit and see if he comes back.
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2014, 09:29:01 AM »

Thanks guys....... I have a bit of a problem being QRV at that time.  I recently met a YL that I usually meet for breakfast around 1230Z and normally not back home until at least 1330Z. I will keep trying.... uh...... trying the AP2, that is Cool

73, Gene AF3Y
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2014, 06:03:12 AM »

Spotted a couple min. ago, but nothing heard.   With an A index of 47( Shocked!), I am not surprised.  Perhaps tomorrow, but we are due for some thunderboomers... Oh well Cool.
73, Gene AF3Y
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: