Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are YOU supporting FT5ZM?  (Read 7818 times)
AF3Y

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 10:57:48 AM »

Press release:

http://dx-world.net/2013/ft5zm-20-per-minute-on-the-air/#more-46605

73, Gene AF3Y
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 01:56:31 PM »

Thanks for the link Gene. After reading that article, it really puts things into perspective concerning the costs of a major DX'pedition. I truly hope that they can get the support they need from the DX'ing community.

John K7KB
KY6R

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2013, 03:59:29 PM »

I just realized that after I made my single donation, I also made other donations to 3 clubs that made very nice donations to FT5ZM.

I guess we can all still dig deeper . . .  Grin
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2013, 04:50:03 PM »

Good article.   I agree - I will pay $5.00 for every QSO I make with you!   $10 for 80M and $20 for 160M.   My call sign is right on top.   Listen for me!   I'll send a check ASAP after my QSO!   Better yet, give me a phone number and I'll call you when I'm around and all tuned up.   You'll know it's me.. I'll tune up on Freq!

You guys are the best!!

Grin
K3STX

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 09:51:39 AM »

It worked, I just made my donation!

paul
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 11:24:55 AM »

Me too...
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 09:20:00 AM »

I just kicked in. Thought I'd bump this to the top.

Eric
K2MK

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2013, 05:23:56 AM »

Donation made this morning. Thanks for the reminder.

Mike K2MK
K7KB

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2014, 02:13:52 PM »

Although the FT5ZM team has raised about $400,000 so far, they are still about $50,000 away from their goal. I think many of us did pretty well with this DXpedition and it's apparent their money was well spent with a fantastic antenna system they were able to put up. So lets step up to the plate and try to help make up the difference so they can meet their goal. This will also send a signal to other high profile DXpeditions in the future, especially the expensive Antarctic area expeditions, that us DXers can and will support their efforts.

Not only do they take Paypal donations, but they also have some cool items available through Cafe Press like hats, T-shirts, mugs, etc. I've ordered one of the Hats and T's to proudly wear at our club meetings Smiley

http://www.cafepress.com/ft5zm

John K7KB
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2014, 05:19:23 PM »

Although the FT5ZM team has raised about $400,000 so far, they are still about $50,000 away from their goal. I think many of us did pretty well with this DXpedition and it's apparent their money was well spent with a fantastic antenna system they were able to put up. So lets step up to the plate and try to help make up the difference so they can meet their goal. This will also send a signal to other high profile DXpeditions in the future, especially the expensive Antarctic area expeditions, that us DXers can and will support their efforts.

Not only do they take Paypal donations, but they also have some cool items available through Cafe Press like hats, T-shirts, mugs, etc. I've ordered one of the Hats and T's to proudly wear at our club meetings Smiley

http://www.cafepress.com/ft5zm

John K7KB

I AGREE. If everyone donated the $2.67 cost/QSO the whole thing would be paid for. That's less that $60 for the highest leaderboard person. I made 1 QSO... and paid for several others.  Grin
I'm guessing I'm preaching to the choir here on this forum. I wish there were a way to easily reach all who contacted FT5ZM. I'm going to check with the guys I personally know to make sure/plead for them to make a donation.

Many of us complain because there aren't enough expeditions often enough to some of these really rare, hard to get to places. One way to slove this problem is........TO PAY FOR IT!

Look at the FT5ZM example. $2.67/QSO is peanuts. By the way, to those that donated $2.67/QSO or more and to those who donated a really big chunk of change in advance:

THANK YOU!
KF7CSO

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2014, 07:23:46 PM »

It's good to see that most of the call signs of the denizens of this forum appear in the Individual Sponsors list. 

Eric
NU4B

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2014, 07:35:52 PM »

I don't think the donations made with ordering a QSL are included yet. I know mine hasn't shown up yet. Hopefully they are a bit closer than the bar chart indicates.
N5PG

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2014, 11:50:02 PM »

The red bar at http://www.amsterdamdx.org/ seems to be updating in near real time so I think the OQRS $$ are part of that.

As of now it shows $394,702.

I wrote down a few totals over the course of the operation, at 0500Z Jan 27, total was $335,793.
I didn't note the end of ops number but at 0300 Feb 7 it was $347,080 so the $$ are coming in with most now being OQRS additions.

My club http://www.lsdxa.org/ gave about $20 per member and many chipped in extra as well.

A big problem is getting EU to pony up, twice the QSOs of NA but less than half the donations Huh Pretty sad.

Pages: Prev 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: