Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ-1275 Best Software?  (Read 2181 times)
WB0DMA

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2002, 01:34:25 PM »

What is the best software to use with the MFJ-1275?

I want to access PSK-31, RTTY and CW.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
WB0DMA - Tim
NB6Z

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2002, 05:52:33 PM »

From reading the info on eham, it looks like this 1275 is basically a fancy PC interface like a Rigblaster, or something you could even make yourself if you did not want all the bells and whistles. In that case, any program for the sound card modes will work! My favorite is MixW, for lots of good reasons. If you want to start simple but clean, get a freeware copy of Digipan and try out PSK31. Then graduate to the $50 MixW that will give you all the other modes and every thing else you will ever need!
Look here: http://home.teleport.com/~nb6z/start.htm
KL0PE

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2002, 04:20:59 PM »

Well, considering that a lot of PSK31 software is free, start by downloading various programs, give them a spin, and decide which one you like the best.

Being a PSK31 newbie, I like DigiPan because it is simple, easy to use, and has just the features I need without cluttering up my screen with a bunch of gobbledy-gook that I don't understand right now.

At any rate, start with NB6Z's site above and go from there, and we look forward to seeing you on the air!

P.S. Howdy, Griff NB6Z!  Enjoyed our QSO the other night.  I'm still boggling over the fact that we made the distance from Ohio to Oregon with me only running 10 watts!
W9RAY

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2002, 08:17:16 PM »

I have used almost all the avalable soundcard PSK31 programs and have always went back to Digipan!! I like it the best. Hamscope is also a interesting program that will work many digital modes and its also free!!
  Your interface is not dependent on your software. anything that keys the com port  and runs the soundcard  will work...
 There is also newer soundcard program for VHF&UHF meteor scattor that will run off your computer& interface!

WSJT
http://pulsar.princeton.edu/~joe/K1JT/ANNOUNCE.TXT

You can keep your computer clock exactly on time with this program!!!!
http://www.thinkman.com/dimension4/index.html
WB0DMA

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2002, 02:00:25 PM »

Thanks for the feedback.  I am currently using HamScope.  It's the only software that I have found that actually transmits.  I might have to try the digipan software later.  Until last week I did not even know what a PSK31 signal sounded like.  I am really new at the digital stuff.  I made about a dozen contacts last weekend and had a blast.  I think I am hooked.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: