About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MFJ  (Read 82920 times)
K4FMH

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2014, 07:20:07 PM »

My experience with MFJ communications: Phone best, Tue.-Thur. 2 PM EST, Monday and Friday forget it. Something about the slow pace of life and every thing else in general down there in Mississippi.

This is as full of bullshit as a Christmas turkey. What regional prejudice!

Frank
K4FMH
V47JA

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: July 22, 2014, 04:59:24 AM »

My experience with MFJ communications: Phone best, Tue.-Thur. 2 PM EST, Monday and Friday forget it. Something about the slow pace of life and every thing else in general down there in Mississippi.

This is as full of bullshit as a Christmas turkey. What regional prejudice!

Frank
K4FMH

Hi,

I would have thought that a writer/journalist would have been more articulate.

John
K9MHZ

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: July 24, 2014, 08:18:07 AM »

That's great that Mr. Stone is doing a good job, and it's nice that you have said so. The question is, how to reconcile the good reports with the bad ones. If there are very good people working there, as you have testified to, then for some reason their good customer performance attitudes are not being passed on to others in the company. Perhaps there is no budget for meetings or training or mentoring along these lines at MFJ, we can only speculate as to why. But there appears to be a stark contrast between the "good" and the "bad" at MFJ.

Yes, well stated.  I don't think there should be lots of latitude in consideration given to them, though.  They know what they're doing, and have been in business a long time.  If quality was their overriding goal (like DX Engineering), they would have figured it out by now.  MFJ knows their market niche, and runs their business model accordingly.  They appeal to a lower-end customer who's mostly cost-focused and can accept most screw-ups without killing their business, because people will keep coming back for their inexpensive stuff.

I guess the only thing that gets annoying are the offended customers who make it sound as though they wanted a Ferrari and can't understand why they ended up with a Yugo.

N2CEC

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2014, 07:45:17 AM »

I am very disappointed in what I use to believe was a trustworthy company. The first rg 213 cable I received had braid exposed at the connector. The replacement has a defective connector where it is not able to attach to the so 239. I was told by MFJ they outsource this. In need of a serious QC evaluation.
KD2CTY

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: October 31, 2014, 04:55:46 PM »

I am happy with the MFJ products that I have purchased.  My antenna tuner works really well.  My multiband dipole works great.  MFJ has always been helpful on the phone.  I ordered a morse code keyer and I opened the package when I was outside the car.  It was extremely windy and the spring for the keyer was blown away by the wind. I called up MFJ and they shipped a replacement spring out at no charge.
When I lose parts, the replacement parts are economical to reorder.
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: