Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is BuxCom a legitimate company?  (Read 2071 times)
N7XB

Ignore
« on: January 11, 2002, 01:56:28 PM »

I posted this question in Product Reviews and eHam.net promptly deleted it. . .so much for free exchange of ideas which may benefit amateur operators.

Here's my question & problem: After reading the product reviews on eHam.net, I ordered a Rascal PSK31 interface from a company called "BuxCom" (it operates several websites with various spellings of the same or similar name). I ordered on line and paid by VISA. The online software instantly charged my account $49.00.

Only problem is, "BuxCom" failed to deliver the product. The various websites associated with the company list no telephone number (other tahn a fax). An email from "BuxCom" claims they shipped the product, but of course, there is no way for them (or me) to prove that. Though it's "only" fifty bucks, and I can recover the deducted funds from my credit card company, I'm still frustrated (partly at myself) for ordering a product via the internet without first verifying the legitimacy of the company.

Anyone out there have any info on "BuxCom"? (Before eHam.net deletes this post, also).

73 de N7XB
brmccain@teleport.com
K6WHM

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2002, 11:23:15 PM »

He seems to be legitimate.  I ordered a Rascal kit in  mid-December (over the net) and it was delivered reasonably promptly, considering he's on the east coast and I'm on the west coast.  I've seen a number of references to his stuff, and nothing rings any alarm bells with me.

I have noticed the Post Office has slowed down to a crawl, though.
WK2W

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2002, 09:04:00 AM »

I just ordered a kit from him and he shipped it within 3 days. It was shipped USPS. Maybe it went to the wrong address or is being held for other reasons due to recent developments.
KA9ZIM

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2002, 12:50:46 PM »

Mine showed up US Mail (Priority Mail) in 2 days.  The only trouble with US Mail is that there is no way to track it.  It's probably lost in the mail.  See if your credit card offers insurance for such things.  
W4JH

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2002, 09:40:22 PM »

BuxCom is Buck Rogers, K4ABT. He is an honest gentleman who has contributed greatly to the digital modes of amateur radio. Contact Buck and explain the situation and I'm sure he'll make it right.  
WA7KPK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2002, 02:47:13 PM »

I ordered a RASCAL kit and some miscellaneous parts and adapters on the 17th and they were in my mailbox last night (22nd). No problems as far as I can tell.

73, Creede
KC4YLX

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2002, 01:21:38 PM »

I am HAPPY with my RASCAL.  It came in the mail 2 days after I ordered via the web.  The product works just like it was designed to.  I told another ham about this and he placed his order and it too came without problems.  His RASCAL was to be used with a FT-1000MP and would not key the rig.  After talking with Buck, parts were sent out and the problem was solved.

I also told a friend in GA about the RASCAl too.  He ordered the built version and I will check with him and see if it came today as it was ordered two days ago.

Buck, keep going, you are doing a fine job!

W9JCM

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2002, 01:39:41 AM »

Ihave ordered 3 of them at differnt times from him. No problems at all. And the smoke any rigblaster any day.

john
W1PLM

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2002, 02:28:24 PM »

I ordered a cable set up from there on a Monday evening and had it in my mailbox on Thursday via US Post.  Had it hooked up and running, software and all within 30 minutes, no tweaking, out of the box.  It's only been a few days but all is great so far.

Paul
KB1HQI
KF6XA

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2002, 02:46:12 PM »

I ordered my RASCAL in early September, and Buck shipped it September 10.  When it hadn't shown up several weeks later, we concluded it had either been on the Pentagon plane, or just got lost in the postal system when things were so backed up.

Buck sent another one right away. I'll bet he'll reship your order if you ask.

I've certainly noticed uneven service on Priority Mail lately.  One item took seven days from Southern California to Seattle. Before 9-11, two days coast-to-coast was quite normal; now it's never less than four.

N3SKO

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2002, 07:09:25 PM »

Yes, BuxComm is legitimate.  It is owned by Buck Rogers, K4ABT, formerly the Packet column editor in CQ magazine.

I have bought a bunch of Delta S radios, RASCALs and other miscellaneous cables and connectors from Buck over the past two or three years.  Buck is a gentleman and a scholar (and a good friend!).  

If there is any problem, I would suggest a phone call or email - I am certain that Buck will make it right.

john
N3SKO/AAT3BF/AAA9AC
N7AOB

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2002, 09:29:54 PM »

Have purchased several items over the years and never had a problem. Always as advertised or better. He handles a lot of hard to find items also.
Bill, N7AOB
N7AOB

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2002, 09:30:33 PM »

Have purchased several items over the years and never had a problem. Always as advertised or better. He handles a lot of hard to find items also.
Bill, N7AOB
W4CNG

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2002, 05:41:26 PM »

Yes it is.  I've known G.E. "Buck" Rogers K4ABT for more than 29 years, working for him in Atlanta at WXIA-TV when he was Chief Engineer.  He does answer email at his email address.  Go back to square one and check all of your details.  I've heard nothing but good about his company and products.

Steve W4CNG
W5WJP

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2002, 01:01:21 PM »

I have an interface for my FT-817 and FT-847 from BuxComm. Both were delivered promptly and with no fuss. The interface for the 847 runs rings around my $90 RigBlaster.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: