Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: practice exam for genral  (Read 15052 times)
KF5ZYS

Ignore
« on: May 30, 2013, 05:59:41 PM »

i have had my tech for close to 20 years now, its time to upgrade.
im looking for web practice test that not olny provide you the correct awnsers like the ones here, on aa9pw and hamexam.org but also have an breif discription like the old gorden west/aarl/radio shack books had.
does any such thing exist.
thank you and 73's
kf6rht
KE4YOG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2013, 06:22:20 PM »

Try Ham test online. It works well and if I remember correctly it does give explanations. About 20 hours of study you should pass easily. 30 more hours and Extra!

http://www.hamradiolicenseexam.com/
W1AJO

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 05:44:29 PM »

Download the COMPLETE General question pool from here:

http://www.ncvec.org/page.php?id=358

Print them off (Kinko's will print them DUPLEX for you for not a lot of money).  This way you see how the questions differ and how they are similar.  And you get to see every question - with online tests there's no guarentee you will get to see *EVERY* question.

Highlight the correct answer.  I read every one outloud along with the correct answer.

Then do the online tests untill you get 80% most of the time.   Then take the test and you will get your General.

Good luck!
KV4PL

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:06:44 PM »

This is the one that I used. I read it through 4-5 times and passed the general easily. It explains the questions not just memorizing the answers. The tech and general are free, he charges for the extra.

http://www.kb6nu.com/tech-manual/
KF5ZYS

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2013, 10:47:06 AM »

thanks for the help
73's
WI4P

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 02:22:12 PM »

I second KE4YOG's response.  Ham test online is a great study/learning tool, not just practice exams.  It covers 100% of the questions and has good explanations & links for additional study.  I passed tech, gen'l and extra using this as my primary study tool.

Good luck & 73,
John
KF5ZYS

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:36:15 PM »

ive looked in to that. all i can say is im cheep. it is what im after though. gonna just have to open the wallet
BUBSMASH

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2013, 07:28:58 AM »

Though I do not really need a high up certification for what I would need to be doing I really think it would help me in the line of work that I choose to be in. My goal is to get the highest level exam that Canada offers so that I have access to all bands.
I also feel that being out in the prairies where I am now though it would be great to have. I also see allot of people that seem to be extremely knowledgeable in this yet it seems like they are cutting themselves short.
If you say you have been doing this for twenty years why not just go for the highest certification that you can possibly achieve. If you can pass the next exam with flying colors who knows you just might be able to pass the next one too.
Like I say I am wanting to get the highest one I can possibly achieve. I do not know how I am going to do it but being as how I have wanted to do this since I was twelve I am now thirty six and still not able to use a VHF radio and  I have just had enough.
Honestly though I can say this my father was a radio communicator in the Navy and used a morse key for radio transmission. When I asked about setting up a shack at home for us to play with it was a big NO. I have wanted to play the drums since I was eight I asked about that and it was a big NO. Myself I am tired of this NO. I am out on my own now so I feel I owe this to myself especially when my line of work requires nothing but radios to communicate properly considering most of it has to do with class 1 work.
Honestly if I were in your position right now I would just go for it who knows you just might surprise yourself.
Good luck.
W4WDD

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2013, 03:02:38 PM »

Thanks for the replies
I'm using my new call.
DE. W4WDD
Jim
W7HBP

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2013, 09:34:46 PM »

i have had my tech for close to 20 years now, its time to upgrade.
im looking for web practice test that not olny provide you the correct awnsers like the ones here, on aa9pw and hamexam.org but also have an breif discription like the old gorden west/aarl/radio shack books had.
does any such thing exist.
thank you and 73's
kf6rht

If its just a practice exam, look to the left of this page, click on "Ham Exams", then choose either tech, general or extra.

Hamtestonline.com is a pay site, a great webpage for getting your ticket.

I used it for my extra class upgrade. Wished I"d known about it when I did my general too. Great website.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 09:37:07 PM by W7HBP » Logged

ARRL Life Member|QRZ Life Member
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: