Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NOS (new old stock) Mode switch for a Drake TR7A  (Read 2546 times)
KEVIN1218

Ignore
« on: May 12, 2013, 02:03:10 PM »

I am looking to replace an intermittent mode switch in my Drake TR7A. If anyone has a New Old Stock mode switch, please let me know.

Thank you,
Kevin
KEVIN1218

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 05:32:31 AM »

I fould someone who has a parts radio with this switch removed and supposedly it worked prior to removal.

If someone has good soldering skills but lacks on radio repair skills nor the equipment, is changing out this "mode switch" with MANY wires advisable?

Again, I would not have an issue on the soldering but my concerns would be if any other procedures (alignments etc.) are necessary, I do not have those skills or the equipment.

Your advise is appreciated.
KEVIN1218

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 10:11:31 AM »

I guess no one has changed a mode switch in a TR7??
WA9FZB

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 11:18:10 AM »

I'm no expert (especially on RT-7's), by any means, but if the task at hand is replacement of a switch, there usually is no re-alignment needed.  The switch originally was supposed to be a zero ohm or infinity ohm situation, and so should a working used or a new switch.  The only case where re-alignment might be needed is if the old switch was somehow inducing resistance into a circuit and some previous technician tried to adjust to compensate for it.  I would replace the switch and give it a try - it will probably work fine.
K8AC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 12:37:14 PM »

I guess no one has changed a mode switch in a TR7??
I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case.  Did you try cleaning it?  Use De-Oxit on the contacts and work the switch back and forth.  I've worked on a few TR7s and have never seen a bad mode switch.

73, Floyd - K8AC
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: