Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: KENWOOD AT-250 tunes weird  (Read 1606 times)
KD2DBM

Ignore
« on: May 14, 2013, 07:04:36 AM »

Hi everyone,
Maybe someone can answer this question(s) for me. My AT-250 will not tune correctly. It tunes just not as it should, example, on 14Mhz, it will not tune unless I put the Tuner on 18Mhz. On 7Mhz i have to put the tuner on 28Mhz. doing this tunes (?) the antenna, (off center fed ZEPP), to 1.2 to 1.3:1. I have replaced the PL-259 ends, checked cables every thing I can think of. I have JUST gotten my radio back (KENWOOD TS-430S), after having it COMPLETELY over hauled, and dont want to burn it up because the tuner is out of whack. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bill - KD2DBM
KA5IPF

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2013, 08:13:24 AM »

Since the bandswitch in the AT250 selects a tapped coil for inductance on each band I would say on 14 it need less inductance and on 7 a lot less inductance. Unless the manual switch has been misaligned it would seem the antenna has a problem. I'll leave that to the antenna gurus.

And hooked up to the 430 with the stock cable and in Auto Band Select mode it will select the same taps as the bandswitch so I wouldn't use it until something is resolved on the output side of the tuner.

Clif
KD2DBM

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 10:18:45 AM »

Cliff,

Thanks for the repLy...Fixed!! Bad PL-259...Replaced and all is well....thanks again.

Bill - KD2DBM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: