The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

donate to eham
   Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Signalink Cable for FT-950  (Read 8711 times)
K2GWK

Ignore
« on: August 18, 2013, 01:06:23 AM »

I used a Signalink USB with my FT-897 for quite a while. The 897 is now slated for the car. My backup radio is a FT-950 and I figured I would do some PSK with it. I notice it also has a 6 pin data port. Can I use the same cable I used for the FT-897 with thr FT-950 and simply configure the jumpers differently or purchase a new PNP module for the FT-950?

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
K3DCW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 02:55:21 AM »

I used a Signalink USB with my FT-897 for quite a while. The 897 is now slated for the car. My backup radio is a FT-950 and I figured I would do some PSK with it. I notice it also has a 6 pin data port. Can I use the same cable I used for the FT-897 with thr FT-950 and simply configure the jumpers differently or purchase a new PNP module for the FT-950?

Yes, both use the same cable both use the same jumper wiring (http://www.tigertronics.com/sl_wirebm.htm#YAESU) so you should be good to go.

Dave
K3DCW

Hamming it up on OS X!
www.machamradio.com
AC4RD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 06:40:02 AM »

A "ditto" for Dave's answer.  I had the same question a while back and found that the Signalink website had a lot of helpful information on configuration--you can check there to see what works with what.  Very helpful!  73 GL!
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 07:51:19 PM »

I missed that page of the Tigertronics site. Thank you both for responding. It is refreshing that I do not have to spent additional money to get it to work with my FT-950. It doesn't usually work out that way for me. Maybe my luck is changing. Grin

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
VA7CPC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 09:39:15 PM »

It's not exactly "luck".  That 6-pin mini-DIN jack for the DATA port is one of the few "standards" in ham radio.  It's been used by a lot of manufacturers, on a lot of rigs.

Just imagine if microphone connectors were like that . . . <g>

.                 Charles
K2GWK

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 07:02:42 AM »

It's not exactly "luck".  That 6-pin mini-DIN jack for the DATA port is one of the few "standards" in ham radio.  It's been used by a lot of manufacturers, on a lot of rigs.

Just imagine if microphone connectors were like that . . . <g>

.                 Charles

Wouldn't it be nice! Grin

Guy
Lawn Guyland, New York

K2GWK Website
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: