Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Continuing slowdown of website responce  (Read 3545 times)
K1CJS

Ignore
« on: May 15, 2013, 10:19:38 AM »

It seems that every few days in the time frame around six to eight AM Eastern time, this site response time is lagging something awful.  It takes anywhere from 30 seconds to over a minute to get a connection and a page feed during these times, and somehow the situation clears up and the site loads normally (pages load in a few second)  a little later--by 9 AM, give or take.

I don't know if this is a server problem (it seems to be) or an ISP problem that the servers are connected to.  My ISP (Comcast, SE Massachusetts) seems to load any other site I frequent normally during those times--except this one.

As I said, this happens every few days.  If it's server maintenance or not, I don't know, but I thought the admins would appreciate knowing about it.  Thanks and 73!
K5TR
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 05:18:16 PM »

Yes we notice these events as well - we do have one hardware issue that we hope to resolve this coming week.  We will be replacing the main web server with a new sever.  The new server will have double the memory and a bit more processing power along with a few other improvements.  This will allow us to work on the hardware issue we have on the current web server.  There has been about a month or more delay in getting the new server in place for various reasons.

Anyway I hope that sometime next week things will be running more normally.

Thanks for the feedback.

George
K5TR
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: