Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New SDR Radio User’s Discussion Group.  (Read 2300 times)
K4LCD

Ignore
« on: May 19, 2013, 04:56:59 AM »

New SDR Radio User’s Discussion Group.

Welcome to the SDR (Software Defined Radio) User’s Discussion Group.

This discussion group is for people interested in the state of the art of the development of SDR (Software defined  Radio) and the commercial, open source and experimental options available to  licensed radio amateurs worldwide.

Its purpose is educational and informative.

To join visit this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdr-users/join?

In this new forum important things can be discussed such as:

What is DUC and DDC transceivers? Who is making them?

Does Hermes or Mercury, mean anything to you? What about SDR-IQ or Perseus?

Do they cost more or less to manufacture? Where are they manufactured? Who manufactures them? What is a FPGA? And an ADC? Where are these components engineered  and/or manufactured?

What are the differences between Open source software and Propietary software? PowerSDR, SmartSDR, cuSDR, Ham-radio SDR, and many others…? Who is writing them? What is their history?

Is SDR for everyone?

And, what’s this about client servers?

How much more am I purchasing for $9,000.00? If I already have a $900.00/ 100W transceiver that operates all bands from 160M to 432MHz (70cm)?

How important are these extreme statistics being published by the ARRL and other independent labs?

Join  and start the discussion at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdr-users/join?
HAMMYGUY

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 09:50:41 AM »

I'd suggest you at least allow potential members to view messages but not post.  At the moment you have it locked down so tight that moderator approval is needed before anything can happen.
K4LCD

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2013, 02:43:33 AM »

This discussion group is for people interested in the state of the art of the development of SDR (Software defined  Radio) and the commercial, open source and experimental options available to licensed radio amateurs worldwide.

Its purpose is educational and informative.

To join visit this link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdr-users/join?

In this new forum important things can be discussed such as:

What are DUC/DDC (direct up conversion/ direct down conversion) transceivers? Is my transceiver or receiver using that technology? How long has this technology been around and what it's been used for? What companies are manufacturing radios with this technology?

Does Hermes or Mercury, mean anything to you? What about SDR-IQ, Softrock, QS1R or Perseus?

Do they cost more or less to manufacture? Where are they manufactured? Who manufactures them? What is a FPGA (field programmable gate array)? And an ADC (analog to digital converter)? Where are these components engineered  and/or manufactured? Does my radio have these devices? Are they important? What do they do?

What are the differences between Open Source software and Propietary software? PowerSDR, SmartSDR, cuSDR, Ham-radio SDR, QTradio and many others…? Who is writing them? What is their history? What radios use them?

What about Gigabit? What is it all about? And all this about sample rates and slices? How do these advances impact the cost of the SDR radio?

Is SDR for everyone?

And, what’s this about client servers?

How much more am I purchasing for $9,000.00? If I already have a $900.00/  100W transceiver that operates all bands from 160M to 432MHz (70cm)?

How important are these extreme statistics being published by the ARRL and other independent labs?

Join  and start the discussion at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sdr-users/join?
K5TED

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2013, 09:16:13 PM »

I'm bored already...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: