Support the site
The eHam Team
Advertising Info
Vision Statement
About eHam.net

Home   Help Search  
Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Most worked but not yet confirmed  (Read 2555 times)
N3QE

Ignore
« on: May 29, 2013, 08:01:44 AM »

Wow, was just looking at the big blocks of yellow, "worked but not yet confirmed", in the Club Log DXCC chart.

I mostly chase LOTW confirmations and have left several common entities hanging with many QSO's but never getting a confirmation yet, mostly due to my laziness:

7X: I've had many dozen QSO's with Med over the years but never went as far as sending for a card.

ZB2: Lots and lots of QSO's with Ernie, and a few with others. I recently got a couple confirmed on paper. Should chase for paper on WARC bands too.

J5: Have worked many different groups and individuals there over the years, but none confirmed in LOTW (even though some of them are LOTW users??? Maybe a different op from different year with same call?)

6Y: Oh, I've worked so many 6Y's over the years on every band. I've even sent for paper cards via SASE from stateside guys who have been there on vacation. Never got a paper card back from them yet. Maybe I should just use GS straight to the Jamaica natives.

3B8: Lots of QSO's with Jackie but again never sent for a card. I also have 3B8MM in my logs over a couple different years, and I see he's a LOTW user with recent uploads, but my QSO's never yet confirmed in LOTW. ??

6V: A lot like 6Y, many bands outstanding not-confirmed, but I do have a handful of LOTW confirmations from 6V7X last year, and 6W1RW back several years ago.

4S: Many QSO's with Nelson but never got as far as requesting a card from him.

C5: Huh, I work C5A every year on every band in CQ WW but never got as far as requesting a card.

5V7: Hmm, I don't think I ever sent for any cards on that one either.

ZK3: Many bands just in past few months but not confirmed yet.

YJ: Worked many times over the years by guys on vacation there but despite some E-mail contacts, not yet confirmed in either LOTW or paper. The good news is, I worked YJ0PO on multiple bands last week and he's planning to upload to LOTW.

And my most recent: SV/A, just this past Friday! I got a feeling that will never be "commonly worked" by me. Should get off my rear and get the card in the mail :-)
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 08:06:03 AM »

I haven't sent for my SV/A card yet either. The C5 card from The Gambia came back so fast, it made my head spin.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KD8MJR

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 03:52:57 PM »

Interesting info but I cant find it on Club Log!  Under clublog DXCC charts All it shows me is my own statistics, how are you seeing an overall DXCC chart by country.
K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2013, 05:28:11 PM »

Do it, man!....I am tell you, don't do what I did and procrastinate.....you never know who will become SK or be out of the hobby for whatever reason.....don't make the same mistake I did.....I was lucky that about 10 years after the fact, I was able to confirm the places I procrastinated on.....and got them all......Now I have at least one card from every country I have worked, except one (as most of you know) that is stilll outstanding..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.....biting lip....biting lip..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.........get'em confirmed...you won't regret it!

V
KA3NRX

P.S. you should have no trouble getting a qsl out of Jackey.....and Ernie...and even Apollo.....got their cards easily.....and Ernie's has a really cool ariel photo of the rock on his card.....go get'em!.....

K3NRX

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2013, 03:54:31 AM »

Do it, man!....I am telling you, don't do what I did and procrastinate.....you never know who will become SK or be out of the hobby for whatever reason.....don't make the same mistake I did.....I was lucky that about 10 years after the fact, I was able to confirm the places I procrastinated on.....and got them all......Now I have at least one card from every country I have worked, except one (as most of you know) that is stilll outstanding..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.....biting lip....biting lip..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.........get'em confirmed...you won't regret it!

V
KA3NRX

P.S. you should have no trouble getting a qsl out of Jackey.....and Ernie...and even Apollo.....got their cards easily.....and Ernie's has a really cool ariel photo of the rock on his card.....go get'em!.....

AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2013, 05:31:30 AM »

Holy cow, it's been a week. I typically send a batch out at the end of every month.  It'll be ok for another few days.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
KE8G

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2013, 05:47:15 AM »

Holy cow, it's been a week. I typically send a batch out at the end of every month.  It'll be ok for another few days.

I used to send them out at the end of the month, but found there were sooo many that I spent too much time in one sitting.  I now fill out cards every Sunday evening and they go into the mail the next day.  All bureau cards get batched up and sent at the end of the even months.

I just found working this way doesn't turn the task into a burden.

73 de Jim - KE8G
VK3HJ

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2013, 05:51:29 AM »

ClubLog has a neat tool that does an analysis on your log showing you what QSLs you need to chase up.
When I got up into the high 200s, I chased up those QSLs I needed, not covered by LotW.
Band fills have not been a priority for me. I just need to chase up some QSLs for my 160 m contacts, as I approach DXCC on that band.
Good to hear that Apollo is good for a QSL card. If only he was good for a QSO. On the weekend, he came on after the band closed here, and quit before the band opened.
YJ0VK's logs (2010, 11, 12) are all on LotW.
This reminds me I must reply to several direct requests. LotW is so much easier...
Luke VK3HJ
N2RJ

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2013, 06:22:31 AM »

I have Cuba worked on all HF bands except 60m yet I haven't confirmed most of them.

I also haven't worked them on 160m yet.
AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2013, 08:44:04 AM »

I have Cuba worked on all HF bands except 60m yet I haven't confirmed most of them.

I've only heard Cuba on 160m once. Didn't work him. I have to get cube confirmed on 10m still.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
N3QE

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2013, 10:27:28 AM »

I've only heard Cuba on 160m once. Didn't work him. I have to get cube confirmed on 10m still.

LOTW shows T46RRC, T48RRC, CO7PH as LOTW users.

CO6LP is on 160 for most of the contests.

AD9DX

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »

I think CO8TW and CM5FZ are LoTW users also.

EX, KC9TRM, KB9IRZ
W1VT

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 02:27:43 PM »

I exchanged 2XQRP QSLs with Med 7X4AN many years ago--just got three more, confirming 80CW, 15SSB, and 10 CW via his mail drop.   Grin

Zack W1VT
NU1O

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 03:33:53 PM »

LOTW shows T46RRC, T48RRC, CO7PH as LOTW users.

CO6LP is on 160 for most of the contests.

I also have LoTW QSLs from CO2JD, CO8TW, and T40C.  

I worked T46RRC, T47RRC, and T48RRC but have not received LoTW yet. Those QSOs were in March.
WH7DX

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »

QUOTE... 6Y: Oh, I've worked so many 6Y's over the years on every band. I've even sent for paper cards via SASE from stateside guys who have been there on vacation. Never got a paper card back from them yet. Maybe I should just use GS straight to the Jamaica natives.

----

If you worked 6Y3M during the March 13th Contest.. I just got my QSL Card from them last week.   

I just hit 100 DXCC confirmed today with Tonga A3EAQ.. Beautiful Card.   Close that photo album and start a new one...  Grin

Pages: [1] 2 Next   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: